Solution Architect – Calamba, Laguna, Philippines
Calamba, Laguna, Philippines
As a Business Intelligent Analyst, you will be asked to propose, create and update innovative solutions to help the various initiatives.
You will need to be proactive, innovative and professional and will be based in Philippine but may liaise with Malaysia / Singapore / UK and overseas office.
The key objective is to align data analytics with business objectives. You will need to understand the supply chain and the business processes in other areas within Dyson. From this knowledge, you will need to work with multiple business stakeholders to interact with and gather data from various Dyson systems. After collecting data, pre-processing is an essential responsibility in this process of extracting business insights. With the data ready to be analysed, you need to tackle the data problems holistically, in the sense that multiple models and different algorithms with various parameters are to be tried out and weighted to find out the best solution. You will be responsible for the design and development of analytical models to support Dyson operations or implement changes. You will conceptualise and build solutions to make the changes a permanent success.
Furthermore, Dyson aims to increase its operational efficiency and change to adapt to its fast-growing and increasingly complex business operation. One of the key challenges to the job is to attract business interest in utilizing the data analytics and insights to make changes and improvements. This task focuses on the success of change implementation within the organizations. Hence, you will need to prepare thoroughly for presenting your ideas to various business stakeholders and convince them of your findings. Make them understand a problem or an opportunity and get them to be involved in your effort to apply data analytics to the problem. Machine learning, deep learning, data mining or advanced analytics often requires technical knowledge and statistical expertise. Presenting such topic to business people hence needs your emphasis on simplification and clarity.
The Operation Business Intelligent team helps & supports the Global Manufacturing team by identifying and leading process improvements projects. As a Solution Architect, you will be asked to propose, create and update innovative solutions to help the various initiatives in data structure, acquiring data, data quality, data governance in business warehouse, big data and cloud platform.
Must be proactive, innovative and professional and will be based in Philippine but may liaise with Malaysia / Singapore / UK and overseas office.
As a Solution Architect, you will be part of the systems improvement team. Your key responsibilities could be (but are not limited to):
- Identify and connect data sources across the organisation; provide source data for analysts; define the strategic data analytics roadmap (systems, processes, IT infrastructure opportunities)
- Gather user requirements through user requirements, analyzing data, current systems and business practice.
- Deliver reporting requests and dashboard according to business priority, within the agreed timeline, budget, and user’s expectation.
- Ensure data acquisition , data structure, data quality and data governance are meet management expectation
- Anticipate and highlight business risks in the implementation of new/modified automation to end users
- Explore and evaluate possibilities of deploying report automation to enhance business efficiency.
- Manage reporting needs and expectation of the senior officers.
- Discuss technical design for complex report requests with team members to obtain optimum reports & dashboard
- Ensure all scheduled reports & dashboard are delivered timely.
Key Skills / Experience
Preferably a Degree in Science majoring in Mathematics or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology
Preferable expert as in below technical skill:-
- Demonstrated experience in Networking/Database Administration and Server Administration
- Knowledge in MES (Manufacturing Execution System)
- Data Visualization via Tableau or similar discipline
- Large relational databases and SQL Programming.
- Sound knowledge in Advance Analytic and Statically Analysis
- Advanced knowledge in MS Excel/Access based VBA development is a must.
- Programming languages VBA , VB.net , ASPX.Net ,C, C++,C#, Java or other
- Web development (Html 5, ASPX.net , PHP, JAVA , CSS, Photoshop), IIS and Apache Web Server
- SAP BW & SAP BOWEBI & etc
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Familiar with SDLC methodology and project implementation methodology.
- Good knowledge in MS SQL (Enterprise and Analysis), OLAP Cubes, ETL Technology
- SAP Knowledge in MM, PP, APO, and SCM added Advantage
- 3-5 years’ experience in IT, especially in Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence support, project management and implementations
- Ability to effectively work multiple tasks and prioritize among objectives and project deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of business and IT management.
- Committed and highly motivated team player.
- Creative and innovative thinking in developing solutions to complex business problems.
- Ability to challenge the way things are done and look at ways to optimise processes; identifies weaknesses in them and proactively proposes corrective action to ensure high levels of operational integrity and forecast certainty;
- High levels of attention to detail and accuracy data mapping
- Organised and methodical. Applies and enforces agreed standards and ways of working
Well-developed problem solving skills
Self-motivated, flexible, with the ability to deal with high levels of complexity, change and evolving processes, often at short notice
Good command in written and spoken English.
Underlying characteristic/behaviour required
- Ability to think out of the box
- Self-motivated, dynamic, results-driven and assertive
- Good presentation skills at all levels of the organisation
- Team player, comfortable dealing with all business levels and external suppliers
- Ethical, personal integrity
- Quick learner
- Willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on
- Enjoy challenges and thrives on them
- Attention to detail without losing bigger picture