Dyson are looking for a Cloud Lead or Architect to join our Mobile and Cloud development team in Malmesbury. This role will focus on Cloud platform engineering and design to support our growing range of connected products.
In 2016 we launched our first two connected products and already have a connected user base of hundreds of thousands across twenty countries. By leveraging our culture of design and engineering excellence with an innovative start up mentality we won the 2016 T3 Connected product of the year, and our ambitions for 2017 and beyond are even more exciting. If you thrive on working in a collaborative, stimulating, fast moving environment and relish difficult software engineering challenges, then we want to speak to you!
Internet connected products is a new space for Dyson where we aim to continue our reputation of being innovative and disruptive. We’re building a world-class team of Android and iOS developers and adopting the latest technology and techniques to ensure we can deliver our ambitious vision of the connected space. In order to gain pace and agility, we promote the empowerment of managers allowing them to make decisions and develop our teams and ways of working.
- Responsible for architecting end to end solutions to complement Dyson connected products. The work will be challenging, varied, and will help bring Dyson connected products into the evolving world of IoT.
- Interacting with team including product developers, electronics engineers, embedded software engineers and app developers to ensure our solutions are functional, secure and easy to use.
- Drive design of digital experiences for Dyson products integration with 3rd party cloud services
- Help structure and model our data to enable growth.
- The role will include system architecture, modelling and prototyping.
- Your solutions will need to interact with Dyson mobile apps, web solutions and hardware using a range of technologies.
- Your work in scaling solutions to match our growing connected product range and user base will be key to success in this role.
- You’ll help to mentor other members of the team and contribute to our development process.
- A track record in Cloud service design and architecture
- A detailed understanding of MQTT and evolving IoT protocols
- Demonstrable experience developing solutions using AWS including Lambda, AWS IoT, ECS and Docker
- Significant development experience in C# .NET and Node.JS
- Familiar with Atlassian tools including JIRA, Bitbucket & Bamboo
- Knowledge of UML and SysML would be beneficial
- An evangelist for best practice in design, development, test & Agile development
- Inquisitive by nature, you’ll be enthusiastic about technology and creative and tenacious in your approach to problem solving.
- Your communication skills will lead your engagement with the Dyson team and wider tech community.
- You’ll be able to estimate your work and commit to deliveries within an Agile development framework.
- You’ll thrive in a fast paced, rapidly changing and delivery focused environment
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a management bonus, generous leave, life insurance, income protection, and private medical and dental care. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Leadership support and new opportunities abound, driven by regular dialogue and international training. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.