Cloud Solutions Architect – Platform Engineering
Dyson are looking for a Cloud Solutions Lead or Architect to join our Mobile and Cloud development team in Malmesbury. This role will focus on Cloud platform engineering and design to support our growing range of connected products.
In May 2016 Dyson launched its second connected product, the Dyson Pure Cool Link, which joins our existing 360 Eye robot vacuum cleaner with its companion eco-system, Dyson Link. Dyson Link is our IoT solution to enable Dyson products to work in a connected environment. It includes the key components required to create an exciting connected product experience, from mobile apps, web/CRM integrations and cloud services (provisioning, asset management, message routing, product/app analytics, persistence and scaling).
- Responsible for architecting end to end solutions to complement Dyson connected products. The work will be challenging, varied, and will help bring Dyson connected products into the evolving world of IoT.
- Interacting with team including product developers, electronics engineers, embedded software engineers and app developers to ensure our solutions are functional, secure and easy to use.
- Drive design of digital experiences for Dyson products integration with 3rd party cloud services
- Help structure and model our data to enable growth.
- The role will include system architecture, modelling and prototyping.
- Your solutions will need to interact with Dyson mobile apps, web solutions and hardware using a range of technologies.
- Your work in scaling solutions to match our growing connected product range and user base will be key to success in this role.
- You’ll help to mentor other members of the team and contribute to our development process.
- A track record in Cloud service design and architecture
- A detailed understanding of MQTT and evolving IoT protocols
- Demonstrable experience developing solutions using AWS including Lambda, AWS IoT, ECS and Docker
- Significant development experience in C# .NET and Node.JS
- Familiar with Atlassian tools including JIRA, Bitbucket & Bamboo
- Knowledge of UML and SysML would be beneficial
- An evangelist for best practice in design, development, test & Agile development
- Inquisitive by nature, you’ll be enthusiastic about technology and creative and tenacious in your approach to problem solving.
- Your communication skills will lead your engagement with the Dyson team and wider tech community.
- You’ll be able to estimate your work and commit to deliveries within an Agile development framework.
- You’ll thrive in a fast paced, rapidly changing and delivery focused environment