Specification Development Manager - Dyson Lighting
£45,000 - £60,000 + car, bonus, pension, 27 days holiday
The Specification Development Manager for Dyson Lighting is tasked with delivering profitable growth and volume sales for Dyson's innovative lighting category. You will secure new specification business across Great Britain by identifying and growing a pipeline of new accounts to deliver targeted sales growth.
Three years ago 80% of Dyson’s business was full-sized vacuum cleaners. Today, its digital motor powered cordless vacuums, robots, Airblade hand dryers, bladeless fans, humidifiers, purifiers and heaters are powering its growth in 75 countries around the world. 2015 saw the addition of Jake Dyson Light to the portfolio, and in April 2016 Dyson took its biggest leap yet, revolutionising the world of Beauty with the launch of the Dyson Supersonic™ Hairdryer.
This role focuses on our key specification channel, which is
particularly relevant as a route to market for our high-specification lighting;
both architectural (Cu-Beam) and task lighting (CSYS). In addition, the
specification channel is our main route to market for our Airblade Tap product
and supports the awareness and advocacy for our Environmental Control and
Personal Care categories within the architect, showroom and design
communities. This role is focused on driving
specification via architects and designers to grow revenue and profit for Dyson Lighting. You will also work closely with your colleagues in Dyson Professional (B2B) to identify wider opportunities for Dyson to expand their portfolio through design and specification work.
- Extensive experience within a specification lighting environment
- Experience of working in a B2B sales environment at a senior level
- Proven experience of generating new business and evidence of exceeding KPIs for new business
- Passionate about customers and opportunities to drive clearer communication that drive conversion
- Strong commercial negotiator, able to create and articulate complex commercial deals
- Strong networker – existing strong networks across the lighting architecture and design community in London and other key cities
- Educated to degree standard