Sr Manager Talent Acquisition
Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
Dyson Makes Machines, People Make Dyson! Come and lead the team that will recruit the future top talent to drive Dyson Americas growth strategy. You will have the opportunity to lead one of the strongest teams in Dyson. Although the team is only a year old, they have made a tremendous impact to on the organization and we need some to continue their development as we scale the team with the size of the business.
The successful candidate has proven leadership capabilities, an ability to connect the dots between business strategy and talent strategy, a data driven mindset, and a strong ability to create a culture where employees enjoy coming to work.
This is a challenging but stimulating role for an experienced Talent Acquisition Leader who enjoys working closely with the business leadership and their HR partners to drive the talent strategy. This new role is key for the Dyson Americas Talent Acquisition organizations growth and has responsibility for establishing pipelines for all of the Americas talent needs, directly recruiting for all executive talent, ensuring the team has the best recruitment technology, and continuing to drive a marketing mind set to the function.
Dyson is a global technology company. Using a desire to make things work better as a catalyst for invention, our team of 3,000 engineers and scientists are passionate about developing technology that solves the problems others often ignore. From the world’s first bagless vacuum cleaner, to hand dryers that use 420mph sheets of air to remove moisture from hands, to a completely re-thought hair dryer with its motor in the handle, we are relentless about engineering better solutions. Dyson spends $8.8million a week on research and development and works with more than 40 universities worldwide to develop early-stage technologies.
Dyson launched in the US in 2002, with the DC07 vacuum cleaner. Within 2 years, it was market share leader. Now, the US team is nearly 1,000 strong, with offices in Chicago, IL; Aurora, IL; San Francisco, CA; and Dyson people around the entire country. And we are still growing. Dyson US is poised to double its footprint, and take on new categories. Already a target for our competitors, challenging times are ahead. And our battle-hungry US team is fired up.
The Talent Acquisition Team is responsible for ensuring that the Dyson Americas business has the talent needed to support the aggressive growth strategy of the organization. The team creates talent pipe lines, ensures that we have a strong employment brand, markets our positions effectively, and partners with leaders to identify future talent needs. This team is crucial to the success of the business.
- Partner with the HR and Business Leaders to define the talent acquisition strategy as a critical component of Dyson America's overall Talent Strategy
- Lead, develop and, grow a strong team of Talent Acquisition Partners to ensure that we keep momentum with the organization and support the future growth strategy
- Develop plans and directly recruit for all of our executive level talent
- Building a strong employment brand that effectively communicates the Dyson story and increases application flow
- Design key performance indicators and dashboards to track progress and influence future direction
- Review and continuously improve our talent acquisition technology to ensure that the team is set up for success
- Create an environment that is motivating and fun for the team
- The right candidate will be a potential successor to the Americas Head of Talent
- BA/BS degree in business, human resources or a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 10+ years of innovative talent acquisition experience in an ambiguous, fast paced and challenging environment. At least 5 years of experience managing a successful talent acquisition team
- Demonstrated exceptional people management and development capabilities, plus a history of leaving an organization stronger than it was before
- Strong success of sourcing and directly recruiting strong talent at the executive level
- Deep understanding of talent acquisition and its relationship to talent management, as well as an expert understanding of the technology industry competitive landscape
- Ability to create dashboards to track success and evidence of data use to influence future direction
- Effective strategic thinking, problem solving, cross group collaboration and oral/written communication skills, as well as strong analytical skills, with a passion for continuous improvement