Structural Analysis Engineer
As a Structural Analysis Engineer you will be working within the Technical Development Team, providing specialist engineering support to project teams. You will be responsible for addressing structural risks on projects and ensuring teams have reached an appropriate level of design resolution to address those risks ahead of milestone reviews. You will have the opportunity to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, leading to an understanding of how structural improvements impact on other key disciplines such as manufacturing or acoustics.
You will be expected to have a pro-active and creative approach to problem solving, using a range of analytical tools to deliver results in a timely manner. With an understanding of Dyson’s product portfolio, you will be expected to identify opportunities where the team could improve its capability to meet future business challenges.
- Address structural risks on projects, report results to project teams and produce supporting documentation
- Present analysis findings to design teams and relevant stakeholders, and effect change
- Develop robust test methods to evaluate product performance & validate calculations
- Identify opportunities to develop future analysis capability
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- Experience using Finite Element Analysis software (Preferably Ansys)
- Competent use of CAD packages (Preferably Siemens NX)
- Structural analysis using hand calculations including mechanisms and stress analysis
- Excellent understanding of materials testing methods, material characterisation and basic material models
- Understanding of a range of manufacturing methods, in particular Injection Moulding
- Hands on experience designing and conducting tests and experiments
- Analysis of large data sets using software such as Matlab is beneficial
- Pro-active and tenacious approach to problem solving