Supplier Quality Manager
Dyson began twenty-one years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Japan, Europe and Australasia.
We've even branched out to improving commercial technology that frustrates us. The Dyson Airblade hand dryer dries hands in ten seconds, it’s also the most hygienic and energy-efficient hand dryer available. And more recently a fan, Air Multiplier, with no blades or grille.
There are over 5,000 of us in the world and we’re all inventive and hugely passionate about what we do. We are Dyson people that are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes.
- To identify, manage and develop Dyson key suppliers to Quality & Performance by establishing alignment between Dyson requirements, supplier processes & capabilities and performance metrics.
- To support Dyson interfacing teams and functions for NPI/D and all product categories using the supplier/s through to end of life
- To work closely with the Engineering and the Procurement team to identify process improvement opportunities within the Dyson supply chain.
- Manages capabilities of the team to develop and maintain a long term view on the required competences and knowledge
- Ensures an engaged, innovative, and inspiring working environment by motivating, challenging and coaching the team members towards growth, manages and optimizes the working climate, and drive improvement
- Driving the supplier/s through team members to ensure that their process capability is established, agreed, understood and monitored
- Ensure suppliers quality readiness for NPI and SOP for all product categories
- Drive PCBA Capability Assessment and timely review of PCBA suppliers’ performance, gaps and improvements..
- Review supplier quality data to ensure consistent quality and capabilities and create visibility in Dashboard reporting
- Accountable for team timely completion of supplier assessments and supplier performance management assigned
- Establish quality requirements for New Product Introduction through close collaboration with RDD, Engineering and Category Quality.
- Accountable for Supplier Control Plan review in EE Commodities
- Lead New Supplier Audits, reviews assessments and support categorizations of new and existing suppliers for selection and de-selection
- Close collaboration with Contract Manufacturers and suppliers on RMA establishment of PCBA and other EE bought out parts.
- Ensure that the Suppliers RCCA process meets minimum Dyson requirements and expectations
- Participate in SEA Quality meetings and present purchased part or product quality issues.
- Investigate reported external quality issues that are believed to be purchased part or product driven and present findings at SEA Quality meetings.
- Drive root cause analysis on purchased part or product quality issues and work issue through containment phase of corrective action process.
- Communicate and instruct suppliers on the use of a corrective action process and quality tools & techniques.
- Participate in the Corrective Action Review Board (CAR)
- Candidate must possess a Degree in Electrical/ Electronic Engineering with minimum 8 years' experience in Supplier Quality Management or an engineering/quality capacity in a manufacturing environment of which min 5 years of leading a team.
- Strong technical background in SMT/PCBA manufacturing and Quality management
- Familiar with soldering materials, PCB, components, cable harness, testing & acceptance criteria. Knowledge with or certificate with SMT, IPC- A600, IPC-A610, IPC-A620 is a must.
- Leadership ability and strong social skills towards global and cross-functional team
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interface effectively and professionally internal contacts at all levels of the organization.
- High Adaptability, self -motivated, independent and results-driven
- Good understanding of statistical methods, quality tools and methodologies. eg. 8D, 5 Whys, GR&R, SPC, DOE, FMEA, Control Plan, APQP, DMAIC etc…
- Proactive and driver ship approach to anticipating issues, enforcing decisions, balancing opportunities and mitigating quality risks as early as possible.
- High performance and efficient worker with a track record of delivering on commitments
- Strong analytical problem solver with demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment while working independently to resolve supplier quality issues
- Detail oriented and able to multi-task in a high energy and fast paced-environment with critical and tight schedules.
- Critical thinking but with sense of urgency for speedy resolution
- Demonstrate understanding in full of engineering specs for component or assembly sourcing.
- Lead auditor trained or with many years of leading supplier audit, supplier qualifications
- Experience in working in an environment where specification and process are not always predetermined.
- Motivated by driving continuous improvement programs and application of Lessons Learnt mindset. Knowledge of Six Sigma (DMAIC/DFSS) will be preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in project management will be plus point.