Supply Chain Executive (Buyer/Planner)
We are looking for an experienced Supply Chain Executive to join the Manufacturing team with the ability to work cross functionally, prioritise and make things happen. Supporting the business to manufacture Dyson Digital Motor, this person should be excited about the challenges and growth that this opportunity will give to them.
Our Singapore story began in 2004 and today we have more than 1000 people working here. Singapore Advanced Manufacturing Centre, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
At the beginning of 2017 we opened our new, state of the art, Singapore Technology Centre in Science Park I, minutes from Singapore’s technology and start-up community. This new Technology Centre houses some of Dyson’s most advanced facilities including Robotics and Sensors laboratories and Smart Home, Connectivity & Mobile Applications laboratories as well as an Advanced Control Tower with the latest technology to develop its analytics-driven activities.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, you will primarily be responsible for the following areas:
1. Consignment Management:
- Manage consignment inventory at CM (Contract Manufacturers).
- Manage annual physical inventory count for consigned products at CM.
- Works closely with CM/Finance to resolve consign inventory gaps.
- Review/enhance consignment process.
- Lead consignment project related activities.
2. Supplier Management:
- Set requirement to Supplier for delivery of materials.
- Follow up with Supplier for any risks of supply (AOS: Assurance of Supply).
- Drive for continuous improvement in delivery and response time with Supplier.
- Coordinate with Supplier for RTV materials and close loop with a recovery plan.
- Collaborate with Supplier for support of demand uplift.
- Collaborate with Supplier in response for any supply risks due to uncontrollable factors (i.e.: Natural Disasters, Disease Outbreaks).
3. Production Planning / Scheduling:
- Set Build Plan for Production’s execution.
- Weekly creation and release of Production Orders.
- Collaborate with Production team to confirm capacity and capability of meeting the Build Plan.
- Advise Production team if a change in Build Plan is required due to reasons which will affect the fulfilment of meeting the Build Plan.
- Exercise best scenario planning to meet Demand as well as utilising available capacity in Production.
- Review and advise approval for engineering builds’ requests.
- Highlight and escalate risks of failure to Build Plan through daily monitoring of output.
- Simulate impact assessment when there is risk of failure to Build Plan.
4. Material Management:
- Review materials’ inventory for Build Plan fulfilment.
- Coordinate with Suppliers on implementation of change to minimise exposure and obsolescence.
- Collaborate with engineering team on Change Management.
- Analyse materials availability and advise how to value add to the Supply Chain stream when there is a Manufacturing issue.
5. Demand Management and Order Fulfilment:
- Review and analyse demand by CM and Supply Chain Head Office (Malaysia).
- Highlight and counter propose if there is potential supply of risks.
- Provide prompt response and update regular updates on supply.
- Order processing.
- Coordinate with CM for recovery plan during Quality issues.
- Collaborate with Warehouse team for arrangement of shipments to CM.
- Coordinate with CM and Warehouse on collection of RMA.
You should ideally come with
- minimally a Diploma in Purchasing, Supply Chain Management or Engineering
- 3 to 5 years of relevant Purchasing and Planning experience in the electronics industry
- knowledge of SAP MRP system
- good proficiency in Microsoft office applications (especially Excel)
- good interpersonal, communication, analytical and planning skills
- the ability to work effectively under pressure and is adaptable to dynamic changes
- demonstrated ability to take on challenges with a positive attitude
- the ability to be firm and decisive, and ability to react at shortest time possible in reaction to issues