Dyson offers a unique opportunity for a talented and experienced Systems Engineer within Dyson’s Research, Design and Development (RDD) department; based in Malmesbury, Wiltshire, U.K.
You will join a growing team of engineers in Dyson’s RDD department focussing on airflow systems for new product categories demonstrating new core technology and a complete system design approach. The successful candidate will be expected to bring innovation to integrating mechanical concepts, simulation models and validation testing while considering the impact on overall system performance.
- Have the ability to understand the overall product concept and contribute to the design/development of the product through the use of knowledge of the latest technologies/methods in mechanical airflow systems.
- Design, develop and integrate 1D & 3D system simulation models from fundamentals.
- Provide detailed analysis of system models that help ensure the solutions are reliable and fit for purpose.
- Work closely with the other engineering disciplines to ensure that system performance expectations are met.
- Develop and perform test plans and methods for simulation validation.
- Communicate clearly and effectively the results to a broad spectrum of project members and senior management.
- Challenge and develop Dyson engineering practices to continuously improve efficiency.
Demonstrate clear presentation of technical information and supporting documentation to ensure accurate transfer to other teams within Dyson
Education and experience:
- Minimum BEng/MEng degree (2:1 degree or better) in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with a demonstrable level of industrial experience in the specification, analysis and development of airflow systems
Specification and Analysis:
- Knowledge of analysis of airflow/thermal systems, including Finite Element analysis, CFD, and both 1D & 3D thermal modelling packages
- Ability to develop mathematics based models for performance prediction, design and analysis
- Experience in broad range of refrigeration/cooling system technologies, including specification, selection and analysis
- Experience in the definition of component and system duty and life cycle requirements
- Ability to analyse system components to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- DFMEA, failure analysis/problem solving capability.
- Appreciation of other engineering disciplines such fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, electrical, and electronics.
Test and Validation:
- Ability to work across a number of different projects and platforms simultaneously
- Knowledge of test planning and preparation, along with ability to run robust and repeatable tests for the purpose of simulation validation.
- Appreciation of complying with national, European and Worldwide regulations and legislation.