Senai, Johor Bahru
The Mechatronics Engineer will work with our world class product designers, electronics engineers and software specialists to design and develop mechatronic systems in our R&D projects. The role of the Mechatronics Engineer will be top secret, interesting and varied but he/she will typically be assigned to a development project and they’ll be responsible for specifying, developing, testing, analysing and improving important electro-mechanical systems within our new consumer products.
The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be.
It takes real ingenuity to find new ways of doing things. Smarter technologies. Lighter, stronger materials. And quieter, cleaner power systems. Our Research & Science teams – scientists, mechanical engineers and specialists across each product category – are the experimenters and risk-takers behind Dyson problem-solving. Whether it’s in-house development, sourcing outside technology partners, or driving collaboration with partner universities, they lead the way in finding the next generation of Dyson technology. Which is why any one of them can find themselves presenting to James Dyson himself.
- Specify, develop, test, analyse and improve new mechatronic systems in our R&D projects
- Use a blend of electronics, mechanical and control system expertise to problem solve and offer solutions to technical challenges on a day to day basis
- Designing new prototypes and test platforms
- Able to specify experimental programmes and effectively analyse results, summaries findings and make recommendations
- Present technical information to higher management.
- Degree/ Master holder in mechatronics, mechanical or electrical engineering (> 3.5 CGPA or equivalent)
- More than 3 years hands on in -New and /or Product development environment involving mechanical and electronic assemblies
- Familiar with tools /measurements in overcoming engineering technical challenges
- Conversant with creating block diagrams / charts for analysing and defining systems requirements
- Experience of using electronics, software and electro-mechanical sensors
- Experience of using common signal acquisition, data analysis and simulation techniques to measure a design’s performance
- Excellent command of English (Oral and Written)