Talent Acquisition Recruiter
Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
If you would like to help bring leading talent to one of the world’s most innovative and creative companies, Dyson is looking for an energetic and committed individual to join our America’s Recruiting Team. You will own responsibility for recruiting a wide variety of critically important positions across the organization. You will develop strong partnerships with our hiring managers, understanding their business objectives and supporting them in their efforts to source the best candidates in the market.
Dyson is a global technology company. Using a desire to make things work better as a catalyst for invention, our team of 3,000 engineers and scientists are passionate about developing technology that solves the problems others often ignore. From the world’s first bagless vacuum cleaner, to hand dryers that use 420mph sheets of air to remove moisture from hands, to a completely re-thought hair dryer with its motor in the handle, we are relentless about engineering better solutions. Dyson spends $8.8million a week on research and development and works with more than 40 universities worldwide to develop early-stage technologies.
Dyson launched in the US in 2002, with the DC07 vacuum cleaner. Within 2 years, it was market share leader. Now, the US team is nearly 1,000 strong, with offices in Chicago, IL; Aurora, IL; San Francisco, CA; and Dyson people around the entire country. And we are still growing. Dyson US is poised to double its footprint, and take on new categories. Already a target for our competitors, challenging times are ahead. And our battle-hungry US team is fired up!
Machines count. People matter. There are over 10,000 people at Dyson – talent all over the world. Each person is vital to our success. And everyone needs recruiting, settling in, career development, and rewarding with pay and benefits. It requires a wide range of HR disciplines. And as the people who look after Dyson people, HR is the key to our global growth!
Provide full life cycle recruitment to internal business parties
- Provide hiring managers with high quality candidates to help drive business results
- Develop creative, cost-effective sourcing strategies to continually build a diverse pool of top-notch candidates for Dyson across all functions and levels within the organization
- Utilize various direct and creative sourcing channels including professional networking and social media sites, etc.
- Proactively source passive candidates through a variety of networks including social media
- Remain on the cutting edge of emerging trends as it relates to recruitment. Adjust current resourcing strategies as appropriate to increase attraction of talent for Dyson
- Screen resumes and conduct first line phone screens to make sound recommendations to hiring managers
- Act as internal consultant to hiring managers by providing guidance throughout the hiring process
- Manage the selection process by coordinating feedback from all parties
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with all candidates to keep them engaged through the hiring process
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal business partners including a high level of communication on the process and status of open positions
- Make improvements to the process on to time to fill, quality of candidates and experience for hiring managers
- Partner with key stakeholders to execute Talent Management initiatives
Partner with key stakeholders to execute Talent Management initiatives
- Work with HR Business Partners, Finance and functional leaders to engage in proactive workforce planning
- Participate in talent management review strategies to identify internal talent for promotion opportunities
- Partner with hiring managers, HR Business Partners and internal global partners to develop effective interview questions based on Dyson behaviors
- Work closely with hiring managers and HR Business Partners to write clear and effective job descriptions
- Build relationships with key managers to partner on recruitment strategies
- Report back to the business on the effectiveness of the recruitment process using KPIs
- Continue to build employer brand awareness in the market through the Employer Value Proposition
- Maintain legal compliance as it applies to employment/recruitment law
Fulfill other duties as required
- Identify and take on special projects that will support the Talent aspect of the people agenda
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Think outside of the box, identifying opportunities for improvement
- Develop, track and analyze KPIs
- Training managers on behaviorally based interviewing
- Produce ad hoc reports as needed
- 5-7 years of recruitment experience, 1 of which must be in a corporate recruitment role
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Knowledge and experience of recruitment at all levels is required; executive/management level recruiting experience is strongly preferred
- Functional recruiting experience in marketing, sales and finance is strongly preferred
- Strong proficiency in all full lifecycle recruiting components including, but not limited to: sourcing, qualifying, networking, assessing, legal, job analysis, wage and salary trends, relationship management, and due diligence required.
- Ability to develop relationships at all levels of the business and with external candidates and customers
- Excellent attention to detail and discretion with regard to confidential information
- Ability to influence internal stakeholders
- Proven negotiation skills
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Intelligent, with proven good judgement
- Self-starter with strong initiative
- Positive, ‘can-do’ approach and attitude with a natural customer service focus
- Highly motivated, focused and self-directed individual
- Courage to make difficult decisions
- Organized under pressure
Dyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to email@example.com or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.