Talent Acquisition Recruiter
Starting salary will be determined based on experience and credentials.
San Francisco, CA
If you would like to help bring leading talent to one of the world’s most innovative and creative companies, Dyson is looking for an energetic and committed individual to join our America’s Recruiting Team. This person will join a newly formed team and will own responsibility for recruiting a wide variety of critically important positions across the organization with a heavy focus on engineering and technology. You will develop strong partnerships with our hiring managers, understanding their business objectives and supporting them in their efforts to source the best candidates in the market.
Dyson sells products in 71 countries, and it employs almost 6,000 people globally, one third of whom are engineers and scientists. The face of Dyson is changing rapidly. Three years ago 80% of Dyson’s business was full-sized vacuum cleaners. Today its digital motor powers cordless vacuums, robots, hand dryers, bladeless fans, humidifiers, purifiers and heaters around the world. This is just the beginning; we just launched our new Supersonic Hair Dryer and have a plan to launch many other new products over the next 3 years.
We know that every company puts great onus on the talents of their people. Dyson is no different, except in one very important way. At Dyson, the quality of its people is its life blood, which means recruitment is always at the top of the agenda. This is a great opportunity for the right individual to join a growing organization and help find the talented people we need to be successful. Dyson will be experiencing unprecedented growth in the Americas Business and we need to build a team to help us find the right talent to achieve our business objectives.
Provide full life cycle recruitment to internal business parties
- Partnering with business leaders and hiring managers to assess their talent requirements and advising on the best hiring strategy
- Provide hiring managers with high quality candidates to help drive business results
- Develop creative, cost-effective sourcing strategies to continually build a diverse pool of top-notch candidates for Dyson across all functions and levels within the organization
- Utilize various direct and creative sourcing channels including professional networking and social media sites, etc.
- Remain on the cutting edge of emerging trends as it relates to recruitment. Adjust current resourcing strategies as appropriate to increase attraction of talent for Dyson
- Screen resumes and conduct first line phone screens to make sound recommendations to hiring managers
- Act as internal consultant to hiring managers by providing guidance throughout the hiring process
- Manage the selection process by coordinating feedback from all parties
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with all candidates to keep them engaged through the hiring process
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal business partners including a high level of communication on the process and status of open positions
- Make improvements to the process on to time to fill, quality of candidates and experience for hiring manager
Partner with key stakeholders to execute Talent Management initiatives
- Work with HR Business Partners, Finance and functional leaders to engage in proactive workforce planning
- Participate in talent management review strategies to identify internal talent for promotion opportunities
- Partner with hiring managers, HR Business Partners and internal global partners to develop effective interview questions based on Dyson behaviors
- Work closely with hiring managers and HR Business Partners to write clear and effective job descriptions
- Build relationships with key managers to partner on recruitment strategies
- Report back to the business on the effectiveness of the recruitment process using KPIs
- Continue to build employer brand awareness in the market through the Employer Value Proposition
- Maintain legal compliance as it applies to employment/recruitment law
Fulfill other duties as required
- Identify and take on special projects that will support the Talent aspect of the people agenda
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Think outside of the box, identifying opportunities for improvement
- Develop, track and analyze KPIs
- Training managers on behaviorally based interviewing
- Produce ad hoc reports as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5-7 years of recruitment experience, 1 of which must be in a corporate recruitment role
- Knowledge and experience of recruitment at all levels is required; executive/management level recruiting experience is strongly preferred
- Functional recruiting experience in engineering and technology
- Strong proficiency in all full lifecycle recruiting components including, but not limited to: sourcing, qualifying, networking, assessing, legal, job analysis, wage and salary trends, relationship management, and due diligence required.
- Ability to develop relationships at all levels of the business and with external candidates and customers
- Proven relationship management experience with hiring teams and business partners, helping them navigate the sources of talent and assisting them with assessment
- A genuine interest in technology as shown by continuous learning throughout your career
- Excellent attention to detail and discretion with regard to confidential information
- Ability to influence internal stakeholders
- Proven negotiation skills
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Intelligent, with proven good judgment
- Self-starter with strong initiative
- Positive, ‘can-do’ approach and attitude with a natural customer service focus
- Highly motivated, focused and self-directed individual
- Courage to make difficult decision
Dyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to email@example.com or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Dyson is an Equal
Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and
Individuals with Disabilities.