Talent Development Manager
Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
In the role of Talent Development Manager, Americas you will be responsible for identifying gaps in performance and generating and implementing solutions including leadership development, professional development, performance management, organizational planning, employee engagement and culture initiatives. You will leverage OD expertise to plan, develop, and implement regional and global programs, and partner with business stakeholders to evaluate their effectiveness. The design and delivery of leadership development programs, talent management initiatives, and team interventions is the core part of this role. You will also be responsible for developing our newest talent in Dyson America’s Graduate and Intern Development Programs. In short, you’ll be playing a key part in developing and retaining Dysons top talent.
Dyson is a global technology company headquartered in Malmesbury, UK. We transform every category we enter with radical and iconic reinventions that work, perform and look very different. We're about better ideas and better technologies, to solve the problems that others often ignore.
Dyson has over 25 years of experience and expertise in whole machine HEPA filtration and filter media and has its own in-house microbiology lab. Armed with the sort of equipment usually associated with hospital laboratories, Dyson’s two microbiology laboratories offer new research and support to the engineering project teams to develop hygienic purification devices.
Global R&D continues apace, with Dyson developing ambitious new technologies including power systems, motors, vision systems, filtration systems, robotics, machine learning, and AI. It is bringing this powerful combination together into new and existing products, focusing global expertise at key locations in Singapore, UK and China.
Machines count. People matter. There are over 10,000 people at Dyson – talent all over the world. Each person is vital to our success. And everyone needs recruiting, settling in, career development, and rewarding with pay and benefits. It requires a wide range of HR disciplines. And as the people who look after Dyson people, HR is the key to our global growth.
- Design and deliver talent and leadership programs
- Project manage talent programs
- Lead change management efforts to drive a high-performing culture
- Leverage OD expertise to prepare solutions that meet the needs of business stakeholders, partnering with HR Business Partners regularly
- Partner with both HR and business leaders to create methods and variety of tools to identify and develop future leaders
- Work with all levels of management on leadership development, effective utilization of talent, and group/team dynamics
- Work with key levels of management on talent assessment and driving retention programs
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to ensure a seamless approach to how we attract, select, develop, and retain talent
- Evaluate and monitor the effectiveness of talent programs by analyzing data and providing feedback and/or modifications as needed
- 4-6 years of experience as an HR Business Partner delivering leadership development programs or as an internal organizational development consultant
- Bachelor's degree with a focus on Organizational Development, Human Resources, Education, Instructional Design, Organizational Behavior or Industrial / Organizational Psychology. Masters preferred
- Seasoned presenter with demonstrated facilitation skills in leadership development space
- Significant demonstrated experience with change management, performance and talent management, and training
- Superior analytical skills; data-driven with demonstrated ability to analyze information, make assessments based on data, and tell the story to diverse audiences
- Strong project management skills and experience
- Instructional design, survey design, needs analysis, and evaluation experience
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous environments with constant change
- Situational Leadership Certification is a plus
Dyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to email@example.com or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.