Competitive Salary + Bonus, 27 Days Holiday, Onsite Sports Facility
The Senior Tax Accountant will be part of Dyson’s Tax and Treasury team, which manages the worldwide tax compliance requirements and provides support to all areas of the business. The Senior Tax Accountant will assist the Tax Manager in meeting the Group’s UK corporate tax compliance and Group tax reporting obligations.
There will be the opportunity to assist with business support projects as Dyson continues to grow and expand.
In 1978, James Dyson became frustrated with his vacuum cleaner’s diminishing performance. Taking it apart, he discovered that its bag was clogging with dust, causing suction to drop. He’d recently built an industrial cyclone tower for his factory that separated paint particles from the air using centrifugal force and wondered whether the same principle could work for a vacuum cleaner. Five years and 5,127 prototypes later, he had invented the world’s first bagless vacuum cleaner.
Today, there are Dyson machines in over 75 countries around the world. Dyson is now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Japan, Europe and Australasia. Research, design and development of new technologies and products is at the heart of Dyson and the company has grown from one man and one idea to a technology company with over 1,500 engineers worldwide engaged in the development of new technologies, which have led to the development of products such as the Air MultiplierTM bladeless fans, purifiers and humidifiers and the Dyson AirbladeTM hand dryer.
Working closely with everyone at Dyson – from sales and finance, to legal, marketing, RDD and more – our Tax & Treasury team develop critical knowledge of the business, and our future plans. Relying on this understanding, and their deep expertise, to ensure that our tax commitments are met, while managing Dyson’s cash liquidity and foreign exchange positions. As custodians of our corporate and legal structure, they also support Dyson operations in territories around the world. And as we grow, this challenge – and the team’s need for dynamic people who don’t shy away from them – grows with it.
• Prepare and manage worldwide Group yearend provisioning and accounts disclosures and UK CT computations – including group considerations such as Interest Deductibility, CFC rules and SAO
• Calculation of RDEC and Patent Box benefits
• Assessment of Capital Allowances and Research and Development Allowances
• Quarterly tax group payment estimations and balance sheet reconciliations
• Maintaining WHT exemption status for intercompany transactions and the associated compliance and reporting.
• Input in to tax sensitive accounting requirements
• Partner with the finance teams, such as fixed assets team/statutory accounts preparation, on various projects requiring tax input.
• Self-motivated and autonomous
• Accounting and/or tax qualification (e.g. ACA, CTA or equivalent)
• Top ten background preferred with experience of UK Group corporate tax compliance management and preparation and ideally complemented by some in-house experience
• Specific experience with Capital Allowances, R&D tax credits, Patent box regime and Disregard regulations preferred.
• A good understanding of SAP or similar ERP system
• Able to communicate effectively with people inside and outside the company who have diverse backgrounds, languages and objectives
• Able to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.