Reporting to the Senior Regional Tax Manager and based in Singapore, the Tax Manager is required to manage the tax affairs of Dyson’s entities in the region. This includes the R&D and manufacturing operations, and distribution entities in the region.
Dyson is looking to expand aggressively to increase our footprint in the region. As the operating model continues to evolve, the individual needs to have a very good understanding of the business in order to identify the impact of proposed changes, provide sound advice and drive the changes through business, where required.
The individual needs to be confident in engaging multiple stakeholder groups, leading workshops, meetings and driving actions through to completion, particularly in respect of entity set ups in new markets.
This is what we need you to do…
- Drive and implement new entity set up, including work with advisors to analyse legal holding structures, transaction models, funding options, manage registrations with statutory bodies and tax authorities, negotiate incentives and subsidies with local agencies.
- Coordinate internally with functions like legal, treasury, IT and HR to ensure flawless execution.
- Work closely with the business to understand requirements and manage expectations.
- Implement monitoring process to ensure on-going compliance and manage risk on tax filing (VAT, WHT, corporate tax, customs).
- Proactively work with local finance teams to ensure transfer pricing mechanics work smoothly and transfer pricing documentation is in place.
- Review dividend repatriation opportunities and make these where possible
- Work with GST and customs team internally and externally to ensure that any related issues or risks are managed.
- Ensure that withholding tax is properly accounted for and, where applicable, treaty clearances are made to apply the lower rate of withholding tax.
- Ensure that cross-border activities are carried out in tax efficient manner.
- Mange incentive negotiation and compliance where applicable.
This is what we need you to have…
- Tertiary qualified accountant and / or tax advisor.
- 6 - 7 years relevant tax experience in industry including regional tax management
- Sound tax technical knowledge across different aspects of tax, corporate tax, indirect tax, transfer pricing etc.
- Strong appreciation of how tax fits into the wider business context.
- Demonstrated successful project management skills.
- Excellent English language and communication skills
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to drive improvements and change
- Highly developed communication and influencing skills
- Energetic, engaging and positive approach
- Strong team player and sound management skills
- Assertive and prepared to get into the detail to drive the execution of plans you have created Desirable experience:
- Exposure to treasury and customs