Team Administrator - 12 Month FTC
£Competitive plus 27 Days Holiday, Pension, Bonus
This is an opportunity to support all Direct Reports of the Global Strategy & Research Director.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology). The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategising, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. From 2016, our HQ will begin doubling its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
It takes real ingenuity to find new ways of doing things. Smarter technologies. Lighter, stronger materials. And quieter, cleaner power systems. Our Research & Science teams – scientists, mechanical engineers and specialists across each of product category – are the experimenters and risk-takers behind Dyson problem-solving. Whether it’s in-house development, sourcing outside technology partners, or driving collaboration with partner universities, we lead the way in finding the next generation of Dyson technology. Which is why anyone can find themselves presenting to James Dyson himself.
- Handling expenses i.e. scanning receipts and loading onto Concur for approval
- Processing expensed items for online ordering
- Travel i.e. flights, hotels, ground transport, itineraries, ESTA, Visa, currency
- Support requirements for offsite meetings
- Manage internal meetings i.e. confirm attendee availability, book meeting rooms, refreshments/ lunches, printing/photocopying of documentation to support meetings
- Manage external meetings i.e. confirm attendee availability, book meeting rooms, accommodation, ground transport, register visitors
- Manage the SAP process
- Raise Activate orders
- Set‐up Quarterly Reviews i.e. emailing template for completion ahead of appointment, setting up calendar appointments, room bookings, preparing Review packs for Directs
- Update Research email list for new starters/leavers and name changes
- Raising Non‐Disclosure Agreements and coordinating with Legal
- Flexible in covering ad‐hoc requirements for Executive Director’s PA
- Be the point of contact regarding general enquiries for all Direct Reports
- Copy typing and drafting of new documents where appropriate
- Other ad hoc administrative tasks as and when required
- Experience as a proven multi‐tasking and organised team administrator is essential
- Highly organised, works well under pressure and a flexible team player
- Fast and accurate typing skills
- Good standard of written English
- Essential PC skills to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet systems
- Confident and polite telephone manner
- SAP experience is desirable
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.