Team Assistant/ Executive Assistant
£Competitive + bonus + pension + 27 days holiday + free on-site gym
We are looking for a Team Assistant to join the team supporting two of our Commercial Directors within our busy Commercial Marketing Function.
Things move quickly at Dyson. In twenty years, what began with one man and one idea has grown into a global technology company, with 6,000 people and a presence in over 70 countries. From Malmesbury to Malaysia to the US to Australasia and many countries in between, we’ve sold over 80 million machines.
And it’s just the start. From 2016 our Malmesbury HQ is doubling its footprint. The US, our biggest market, is doubling their sales scope. And new frontiers are opening up across South East Asia and beyond. More people, more ideas and more space for more invention. The next four years will be our biggest and busiest yet.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 1,500 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. From 2016, our HQ will begin doubling its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
- Full organising including scheduling meetings, room bookings, and co-ordinating availability internally; allocating and protecting personal project time.
- Preparing for meetings, printing any relevant documents, pre-reads and team reports to prior to meeting.
Attending meetings, workshops and presentations and taking meetings minutes, where required. Type up handwritten notes. Ad hoc duties, as and when required.
- Creating expense claims, requesting cash advances, approving expense claims.
- Covering team events, master classes, breakfasts - support with logistics and coordination.
- Organising new starters with IT equipment, pass application, induction plans and introductions etc.
- Supporting tracking against budget set.
- Regularly check with team for updates and occasionally cross check calendars to ensure compliance.
- Keeping lists up to date for SharePoint and shared documents.
- Providing team reports, maintaining trackers, creating communications, newsletters; booking of travel/accommodation and raising POs.
- Contribute to projects and activities as appropriate for the team, i.e. project co-ordination, research, presentation and communication support and day-to-day operational activities.
· Strong IT skills with ability to learn new systems, and excellent knowledge of Microsoft package.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Ability to prioritise workload effectively.
· Strong attention to detail and presentation.
· Ability to co-ordinate busy schedule and arrangements.
· Coping with pace, setbacks and change.
· Planning and organising.
· Communicating well with others.
· Proactive with a drive for results.
· Professional approach.
· Self-motivated and an exceptional team player