Tech Lead Data Engineer
£Competitive, plus bonus, 27 days holiday and pension
Internet connected products is a growing area for Dyson where we aim to continue are reputation of being innovative and disruptive. We’re building world-class cross functional Agile teams and adopting the latest technology and techniques to ensure we can deliver our ambitious vision in the connected space. In order to gain pace and agility, we promote the empowerment of technical leads allowing them to make decisions to develop their team, ways of working and to sell their ideas and vision to the business.
• Promote the value of leveraging data throughout Dyson
• Provide daily technical leadership and coaching to the team to allow them to become skilled at their craft and deliver high quality consistently
• With other technical leads, define and implement an evolutionary architecture which leverages latest AWS services to deliver fast, robust and secure data solutions.
• Detailed design and code reviews to ensure consistency, quality and direction.
• Working closely with Product Owners and Scrum Masters to define acceptance criteria and measure velocity.
• Team design, recruitment and performance management.
• Hands-on cutting code pairing with other members of the team, especially to spike new technologies, and to establish approaches and patterns
• Experience of Leading cross functional teams of data engineers & developers
• Expert in data processing techniques and analytics with Strong SQL experience.
• Evangelist for the business value of data and how to leverage it.
• Proven track record of designing, building and maintaining scalable ETL data processing systems (Spark, Storm, DataTorrentRTS, GoogleBigQuery)
• Proponent for software craftmanship, BDD and automated testing
• Skilled and passionate about Continuous Delivery, and cloud deployment automation.
• Excellent and current programming skills in (Java, Python, Scala) – this is a hands-on coding role.
• Experience of working in high performing agile teams with Scrum or Kanban
It would be a bonus if you had:
• Knowledge of AWS data tools (EMR, Redshift, Elasticsearch, Athena, Kinesis)
• ML / AI experience with MapReduce, clustering and MLLib/Pandas
• Experience of M2M or IoT data applications
• Knowledge of data compliance regulations
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
Please do share any personal or open source projects you might be working on, talks you may have given or articles you have written in your application. If you have a profile on a website like Github, please send this along with your application.
We look forward to hearing from you.