Technical Process Lead – Electronics Optimisation
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday, Pension, Bonus, Free Onsite Gym
The Technical Lead within the RDD Optimisation team is responsible for supporting the growing electronics department globally within Dyson. Technical lead will be supported by a team to continuously improve productivity and quality of global electronics product development. The role will be required to both influence and support engineering activity, but overall will be expected to lead the development of our engineering capability and help align both electronics and mechanical sides of the department on some of the core design processes within RDD.
Accountable for definition and delivery of a programme of improvement activities within a Process Group and ensuring they deliver benefits in Efficiency, Effectiveness & Quality by:
- Working closely with the Global Electronics teams to understand and shape our processes.
- Forming and being a member of Steering Groups as necessary to provide guidance and decision making for major departmental projects and processes.
- You will be engaging with 3rd party external consultants to provide a blend and balance of internal and external knowledge and solutions.
- Providing expert technical supervision & guidance to global engineering teams.
- Supported by a team of Technical and Business Analysts, enabling them to deliver improvement activity, on time and on "benefit".
The purpose of the role is to combine technical electronics engineering process matter expertise with change project management skills, and thus to play a lead in the delivery of major optimisation change projects to Dyson RDD globally.
- Enable advancement of our engineering capability in terms of productivity and quality
- Find and evaluate opportunities for optimisation within all the electronics areas (Hardware, Software & Connectivity), utilising internal and external resources as appropriate
- Develop our ability to identify process problems and their root cause, and to improve fixes quickly
- Develop Solutions by conducting ‘design/build/test’ cycles for processes, tools, techniques which optimise product development
- Embed improvements effectively within operational teams to deliver measurable benefits
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across RDD including representatives from Engineering Teams, Process Owners, Technical Training, and Business Intelligence.
- Manage a team of Technical / Business Process Analysts and Coordinators to deliver improvements in an effective manner.
Background & Experience:
- A Degree in electronics engineering or equivalent
- A minimum of 6 years engineering experience in an electronics (either Hardware, Software or Connected) engineering role with hands-on-experience of at least three of the following core processes:
- Specification Management
- System Engineering
- DFMEA & Risk Management
- Bug & Issue Management
- Release and Change Management
- Verification & Validation
- A successful track record of robust design delivery within a product development industry.
- In-depth technical knowledge and understanding of core engineering best practice.
- Ideally working knowledge of Software or IoT Development.
- Desirable to have experience in the application of ISO 9001: Quality Management System.
- Excellent business analysis and problem solving skills.
- Excellent Project/Programme Management skills.
- Solid communication skills, both written and especially oral at a technical level.
- Ability to drive business change through influencing business leaders both within electronics and wider RDD using sound communication and collaborative decision making skills.
- The willingness to challenge assumptions and ability to adapt or generate imaginative and innovative ideas to drive productivity.
- Set high goals for self and others, focusing on the delivery of targets and high quality.