Technical Process Lead
The Technical Lead within the RDD Optimisation team is responsible for supporting the growing RDD department globally within Dyson. The Technical lead will be supported by a team to continuously improve productivity and quality of global product development. The role will be required to both influence and support engineering activity, but overall will be expected to lead the development of our engineering capability and help align both electronics and mechanical sides of the department on some of the core design processes within RDD.
- Working closely with all RDD teams to understand and shape our processes.
- Forming and being a member of Steering Groups as necessary to provide guidance and decision making for major departmental projects and processes.
- You will be engaging with 3rd party external consultants to provide a blend and balance of internal and external knowledge and solutions.
- Providing expert technical supervision & guidance to global engineering teams.
- Supported by a team of Technical and Business Analysts, enabling them to deliver improvement activity, on time and on "benefit".
The purpose of the role is to combine technical engineering process matter expertise with change project management skills, and thus to play a lead in the delivery of major optimisation change projects to Dyson RDD globally.
• Enable advancement of our engineering capability in terms of productivity and quality
• Find and evaluate opportunities for optimisation within all the mechanical and electronics areas (Hardware, Software & Connectivity), utilising internal and external resources as appropriate
• Develop our ability to identify process problems and their root cause, and to improve fixes quickly
• Develop Solutions by conducting ‘design/build/test’ cycles for processes, tools, techniques which optimise product development
• Embed improvements effectively within operational teams to deliver measurable benefits
• Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across RDD including representatives from Engineering Teams, Process Owners, Technical Training, and Business Intelligence.
• Manage a team of Technical / Business Process Analysts and Coordinators to deliver improvements in an effective manner.
Background & Experience
A Degree in electronics engineering or equivalent
A minimum of 8 years engineering experience in either a mechanical or electronics (either Hardware, Software or Connected) engineering role with hands-on-experience of at least four of the following core processes:
DFMEA& Risk Management
Bug & Issue Management
Release and Change Management
Verification & Validation Management
A successful track record of robust design delivery within a product development industry.
In-depth technical knowledge and understanding of core engineering best practice.
Desirable to have working knowledge of Software or IoT integrated development.
Desirable to have experience in the application of ISO 9001: Quality Management System.
Excellent business analysis and problem solving skills.
Excellent Project/Programme Management skills.
Solid communication skills, both written and especially oral at a technical level.
Ability to drive business change through influencing business leaders both within electronics and wider RDD using sound communication and collaborative decision making skills.
The willingness to challenge assumptions and ability to adapt or generate imaginative and innovative ideas to drive productivity.
- Set high goals for self and others, focusing on the delivery of targets and high quality.
Process Owner &Stakeholder Collaboration:
Identifying and assessing improvement areas & future strategy within the processes we own
Ensuring that the processes and solutions meet the global requirements of the business
Incorporating industry leading practices into the tools, processes, and/or systems as appropriate
Leading scoping and delivery of Optimisation activities using process improvement tools and engineering knowledge
Conducting project management for Optimisation activities, including stakeholder, risk and change management responsibilities
Leading process design workshops/activities with relevant senior sponsors, end user and IT representatives
Conducting pilots to refine any planned updates to tools, processes or systems
Delivering deployment activities for any process and/or system changes
Capable of managing and developing direct reports.
Working with the Business Intelligence team to capture and analyse KPIs that assess process performance & adherence
- Capturing and communicating benefits delivered by Optimisation activities
User Support & Training:
Working with the Technical Training team, to develop and support delivery of training related to Optimisation activities
Providing end user support to maximise business adoption of deployed tools, processes and systems
Collaborating closely with other team members to share good practice and represent the wider business processes that the Optimisation team supports
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.