Technical Product Owner (Systems Engineering + Agile Methodology)
£Competitive plus 27 Days Holiday, Bonus, Pension
You will define world-class technology, requirements and processes for the next generation of connected products at Dyson. You will ensure all technologies and connected propositions are well resolved and understood, incorporating the cross-functional requirements for Hardware and Software including Embedded, Data, App and Cloud. This is a highly visible and influential role that brings together complex demands and requirements from multiple domains.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 3,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategising, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. We also have a tech hub in Central Bristol, where we focus on Mobile development and connected products.
In 2016 we launched our first two connected products and already have a connected user base of hundreds of thousands across twenty countries. By leveraging our culture of design and engineering excellence with an innovative start up mentality we won the 2016 T3 Connected product of the year, and our ambitions for the future are even more exciting. If you thrive on working in a collaborative, stimulating, fast moving environment and relish difficult software engineering challenges, then we want to speak to you!
- Hands-on Product Ownership for the Connected Proposition.
- Drive best practices for documenting the journey, capturing requirements and specifications, highlighting risks and mitigations to deliver well resolved Connected Propositions.
- Drive and assist with User Stories to define connected features; be the voice of the consumer
- Process definition and cross-project alignment of approach
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams and deliver robust requirements and justification.
- Detailed reviews and workshops with delivery connected Technical Product Owner team and Electronics Leads to ensure alignment and understanding of requirements
- Handover of documentation and requirements to delivery teams.
- Proficient in Systems Engineering
- Possess well-developed influencing skills i.e. the ability to persuade and influence cross-functionally at all levels.
- Capable of understanding requirements, definition, risk analysis and verification of mechanical, electromechanical, software and electronics.
- Knowledge or keen interest in Agile Product Ownership and how this can be applied to Connected Products.
- Proven track record of requirements capture and interpretation, behavioural and risk analysis.
- Willingness to build cross-functional, cross-discipline cooperation and collaboration to refine working practices and documentation processes.
- Experience of defining and translating high level requirements into User Stories and ensuring that a specification is achieved
- Strong delivery skills working with multi-disciplinary teams, ideally with familiarity of leveraging the Atlassian toolset.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a bonus, generous leave, life insurance, income protection, and private medical and dental care. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Leadership support and new opportunities abound, driven by regular dialogue and international training. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.