Lean Six Sigma Trainer
£Competitive + Pension, Bonus, 27 Days Holiday
Based in the Dyson Research Design & Development (RDD) department, the main responsibilities for this role will be to gather requirements, design, develop and deliver the training and continual assessment of Six Sigma and statistics to RDD staff as well as mentor them through their projects to attain accreditation.
Dyson is a Global technology company. We're about better ideas and better technologies. It's about finding better ways to work in more new markets and bright new categories.
The training team are pivotal to the ongoing development of our employees at Dyson. The team focuses on ensuring our RDD population are at the front end of industry development.
- Lead the creation, analysis and subsequent training of Six Sigma / Lean tools and techniques to our RDD staff
- Work with stakeholder groups within RDD to gather requirements for the creation of new training where required
- Mentor/coach trainees as they start applying the newly trained tools and mentor people through the projects to attain Green/Black Belt status
- Working independently with minimal guidance to design and develop training programs based on RDD training needs analysis and business needs
- Work as part of a global team to ensure global consistency in process and training content to ensure global consistency in working practices within RDD
- Prepare assessments for both evaluations of the trainee and training program, to include continual improvement assessments
- Mentor internal Subject Matter Experts (SME) to be able to conduct internal training
- Liaise with other departments to ensure technical training is aligned with the business strategy
- Detailed knowledge of tools and techniques used in Lean and Six Sigma and a proven ability to utilise these tools on a day to day basis, including MSA, Design of Experiments and Gauge R&R
- Experience of working in an engineering or manufacturing environment
- Excellent presentation/facilitation skills and the ability to communicate internationally are essential
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Good IT skills including MS office and Minitab or similar statistical tool
- Previous experience of delivering training is desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of instructional design theory and implementation is desirable but not essential
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.