Territory Sales Manager - Calgary, Alberta
$ competitive salary + bonus + car
You will visit retail locations in your designated territory (Calgary and Southern Alberta) within a designated time frame and hit some tough but achievable targets. Managing a team of Dyson Experts positioned at key retail locations throughout the Calgary market, you will be responsible for coaching them on selling skills and successful store practices. Using the tools available, you will motivate them to hit some tough but achievable targets while ensuring they are providing customers with the best Dyson Experience possible, encouraging them to try out our technology and take our amazing products home for themselves. You will provide product knowledge to store associates so they understand the key features, benefits and differences on retail visits and conduct training sessions in groups of 1 – 200 store associates. You will use sales data and analytical skills to identify and take advantage of opportunities to grow Dyson’s business and presence in all areas of the Calgary and Southern Alberta market. You will also be responsible for ensuring the Dyson instore presence and merchandising standards are maintained and remain best in class.
Dyson Canada opened in 2006 with 10 employees and two vacuum models. Within two months it had secured the number one market share. There are now over 100 people selling vacuums, fans, heaters, air purifiers and hand dryers coast to coast. We think big, pushing into uncharted territory and strategizing new category expansions for the coming years.
Based in downtown Toronto, our Head Office borders the financial and theatre districts, surrounded by some of Canada's most inspiring urban engineering. From our open-plan office to social get-togethers, everything is designed to build the team spirit and hunger that drives our success. Outside Toronto, our sales representatives and demonstrators bring Dyson technology to our consumers in their home provinces – from the Atlantic to British Columbia.
Dyson machines work differently to others. So those who sell them need to think differently and understand complex engineering. Our Field Sales teams are experts who bring the retail world up to speed. Training. Introducing our new technology. And ensuring the Dyson brand stands out. We gain deep insights into competitors and customers alike, driving national sales strategies to bring Dyson technology into more stores and homes. It’s an energetic team in a fast-paced retail environment. And like everyone at Dyson, we constantly challenge how to make future technology even more successful.
Specifically, you will –
- Coach and manage a team of Dyson Experts strategically placed throughout the Calgary Market
- Ensure they are effectively communicating our “GUESTS” model of interaction with consumers
- Ensure Dyson Experts are providing a best in class Dyson Experience on every interaction with all consumers
- Build strong and profitable customer relationships with management and sales associates at store level, and get them excited about the Dyson brand
- Use your proven analytical skills to look at and find opportunities to grow the Dyson business in your territory
- Ensure accurate in-store signage, displays, and pricing and promotional adherence to maintain the integrity of our brand
- Negotiate and implement compelling and lasting incremental displays
- Conduct training sessions with retail store associates on product features and sales techniques, both in a group environment and on a one-to-one basis
- Demonstrate our products to an audience of retail sales associates and consumers
- Develop relationships and drive sales with independent retailers
- Monitor stock compliance to ensure accurate inventory levels
- Provide feedback to our sales and marketing teams on potential opportunities, tools and processes that would contribute to driving sales
- Share experiences, successes and learnings with our team of Territory Sales Managers
What we’re looking for an enthusiastic, driven and flexible professional who –
- · Has past proven people management and motivational skills
- · Works well in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- · Successfully builds and maintains relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- · Is a comfortable and persuasive communicator, presenter, and negotiator
- · Has a university degree and at least 2 years’ field sales and merchandising experience, with an excellent track record of achievements
- · Has the courage to explore new ideas and ways of thinking, take calculated risks, and diplomatically challenge the norm
- · Is a self-starter who manages time exceptionally well, plans and executes multiple projects, and balances priorities
- · Has a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and ability to travel within the territory
- · Is able to lift, push and pull up to 30 lbs.
- · Has an engaging, driven and dynamic personality
- · Solid understanding of retail business and of the consumer packaged goods industry represents an asset
Dyson Canada monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, vacation and retirement savings contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy profit-related bonuses, life insurance, and family health and dental benefits. But financial incentives are just one of the rewards of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular coaching and learning. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our creative engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition.
Dyson Canada is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities.