This position to support Tester Engineering Team to develop new test rig, automate current processes to deliver more effective and efficient outcomes. In generally this position will involve in both floor care and non-floor care activity to provide tester engineering solution to test team.
In 2000, Dyson moved production from Malmesbury to Malaysia to be closer to our supply chains and open up international growth. The small team of 10 has now grown to almost 1,200 – forming Dyson’s second biggest global hub. Located in the exhilarating industrial heart of Johor, it’s also home to RDD, IT, operations, finance, creative and HR.
The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be.
- To develop test rig to match with test requirement across the team.
- To analyse the actual test needs and develop test method that replicates the market failure.
- Continuously improve test capability in term of capacity, space and cost.
- Pro-actively involved in NPI and identify test rig requirement in order to support the project.
- Manage supplier capability towards test rig development.
- To identify the competency gap within internal and external facility on test rig development and improve further by identify the right counter-measures.
- Assist the team on developing automated process to improve current practices and outcomes.
- Able to provide technical inputs towards test rig qualification and preferably well-versed on Measurement System Analysis (MSA).
- Degree in Mechatronic or Mechanical Engineering
- Have strong knowledge on control engineering
- 2 years hands-on experience on test rig development
- Self-starter with full of initiative to make the difference