Test Engineer Electronics
The team establish effective electronics test plan to flush out product weakness/reliability and software failures or hardware failures.
In 2000, Dyson moved production from Malmesbury to Malaysia to be closer to our supply chains and open up international growth. The small team of 10 has now grown to almost 1,200 – forming Dyson’s second biggest global hub. Located in the exhilarating industrial heart of Johor, it’s also home to RDD, IT, operations, finance, creative and HR.
The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be.
Few people understand Dyson technology as intimately as our Technical Support team. Whether fixing old machines, building prototypes for new machines, or ensuring customers receive the right spare parts, passion is key. So when our service workshop refurbishes machines, it’s to such high a quality that we can resell them with new guarantees. And when we build prototypes – 15,000 last year alone – they’re so well finished that our engineers can test components and stress points in real life scenarios. Because like all Dyson engineers, we push the boundaries of performance and quality.
- Establish a statistical model with & without historical test data to improve the test methodology and communicate to project team on the approach.
- To upgrade and modify existing rigs and fixtures to suite for new product testing and enhance the GR&R implementation.
- To continuously improve test matrix and test methodology and solutions.
- To ensure that the test and failure reports are documented into system.
- To liaise with suppliers on test rigs and equipment.
- To develop new Dyson Test Method for new technology (new methods for testing)
- To train, guide and manage test technicians and ensure test is in accordance to the Dyson Test Method and ensure testing is performed as per schedule
- Other tasks includes cost reduction, scheduling testing and accuracy of results
- Lead the electronics category including technicians, senior technicians to deliver relevant product category needs
- To ensure compliance within the lab to legal and Dyson’s policy on occupational health & safety requirements at all times and continuously improve occupational health and safety performance
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Mathematical or Electrical / Electronic Engineering.
- Knowledge in QA methodologies, FMEA, Reliability, Analytical Statistic and Mathematical modelling
- Knowledge in C, R Programming and Minitab knowledge will be of added advantage.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Preferably more than 2 years of related working experience. Fresh graduate with relevant knowledge encourage to apply
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.