Test Engineer -Acoustic
In 2000, Dyson moved production from Malmesbury to Malaysia to be closer to our supply chains and open up international growth. The small team of 10 has now grown to almost 1,200 – forming Dyson’s second biggest global hub. Located in the exhilarating industrial heart of Johor, it’s also home to RDD, IT, operations, finance, creative and HR.
The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be.
Few people understand Dyson technology as intimately as our Technical Support team. Whether fixing old machines, building prototypes for new machines, or ensuring customers receive the right spare parts, passion is key. So when our service workshop refurbishes machines, it’s to such high a quality that we can resell them with new guarantees. And when we build prototypes – 15,000 last year alone – they’re so well finished that our engineers can test components and stress points in real life scenarios. Because like all Dyson engineers, we push the boundaries of performance and quality.
- To ensure that the technicians maintain the housekeeping of the lab at all time.
- To comply with safety and health requirements at all time to ensure the lab personnel adhered to the same requirements.
- To maintain the rigs and equipment in the lab ensuring that they are within the calibration period and in good condition.
- To notify Senior Test Engineer on any outstanding issues in getting the tests completed.
- To conduct training for new Technician / Senior Technician / Engineering Assistant / Assistant Engineer when required.
- Lead and train the Technician / Senior Technician / Engineering Assistant / Assistant Engineer on test methods reporting requirements.
- To ensure that the tests are performed as per the schedule / deadline.
- To ensure that all the required consumables, equipment, rigs, etc. needed to run the tests are available and sufficient.
- To plan and control the consumables to ensure inventory is always kept at minimum.
- To liaise with suppliers on rigs and equipment issues / ordering.
- To advice relevant departments/teams on the test requirements and counter measures.
- Degree / Master / PhD in Mechanical Engineering relating to Acoustic Engineering.
- Degree holder with at least 1 to 2 years on related job scope experience or fresh graduate in Master/PhD
- Must be sensitive towards test variations and strive to reduce it.
- Able to multi tasks to meet job requirements.
- Ability to use Minitab and generate statistical analysis.
- Good understanding of air flow characteristics.
- Strong communication in English
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.