Test Systems Engineer - NPI New Categories
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic. But most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do. Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to invent, design and develop market leading products for the global market. By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to create products which fulfil our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology). The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 3,500 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. From 2016, our HQ will begin doubling its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
To provide design solutions for prototyping and testing new Dyson products using National Instruments LabVIEW.
- Design of software using National Instruments LabVIEW for control and data acquisition
- Support existing National Instruments LabVIEW systems
- Design bespoke signal conditioning and sensing circuits
- Design and populate bespoke PCBs
- Develop software using Arduino for control and data acquisition
- Degree in Electrical/Electronic engineering, Mechatronics or Physics with 2 years experience in engineering or higher education (PhD)
- Attendance at National Instruments LabVIEW Core 1&2
- Working knowledge of National Instruments hardware product range
- PCB design experience
- Experience with using Arduino hardware and software
- The ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information across the business (technical and non-technical) is essential for the successful applicant.
- You will be a highly driven individual who strives for accuracy & quality in work delivered.
- You will be able to solve problems in a logical way, pre-empt future problems and seizing opportunities without waiting to be told.
- The proven ability to work as part of a team or un-supervised to an agreed goal or set of deliverables is imperative.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.