Senior Test Technician - Validation
Devise user course test based on the Master Test Matrix requirement and report the test finding to the stipulated test report format
In 2000, Dyson moved production from Malmesbury to Malaysia to be closer to our supply chains and open up international growth. The small team of 10 has now grown to almost 1,200 – forming Dyson’s second biggest global hub. Located in the exhilarating industrial heart of Johor, it’s also home to RDD, IT, operations, finance, creative and HR.
The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be.
Generate user course reliability graph, hit rate chart, airwatt data and pivot table to summarize the overall product performance.
Assist Engineer to improvise user course test matrix based on the latest product features and functionality.
To ensure that the tests are performed as per schedule and meet the dateline as planned.
Provide training for new operators to familiarize the test matrix and ensure testing conducted according to test requirements
Trouble shoot all machine failures to continue testing as per required 200 cycles/machine
Lead in the user course improvement activities and update Test Engineers with progress.
Assist Engineers in consolidating all the failure reports on new and current failures via FRACAS documentation
Liaise with Engineers for replacement of new parts for product to continue test.
Monitor all special test requested with tracking chart as per Design Engineers request.
Ensure all new failure “fault code“ has been filed for operators references.
Discuss with Engineers prior to tested machine disposal by weekly.
Ensure to Safety Compliances at all time and Safety issues shall reported to the Test Engineers for next course of actions
Work closely with operators to ensure test conducted based on the test matrix sequence.
Monitor Log Book updating daily to ensure part history data captured correctly.
Maintain good housekeeping of work area at all time.
To carry out other related tasks which may be given in addition to the above main tasks.
- Diploma in Mechanical/Mechatronics/Industrial Engineering.
- At least 3 years related working experience with min1year leading a small team (min 2 person)
- Fresh Graduates with CGPA 2.6 and above are encouraged to apply
- Must be able to work long hours during critical period to ensure tests are completed on time.
- Considerable strength in English writing and reading.
- Must be mature and demonstrate leadership role.
- Must be proficient in using Microsoft Excel and Words.
- The person has to be able to work independently as well as in a group effectively.
- Must be sensitive towards test variations and strive to reduce it.
- Must have good ability to read and understand the test methods and standards.
- Basic statistical analysis.
- Understanding of GR&R and basic DOE.
- Continuously review the current test methods to ensure they are robust and representative