Test Technician - Electronics
- Setup test rigs and equipment in accordance to the test requirements.
- Perform validation and development testing in accordance to the respective standards or Dyson Test Method and report the results.
- Daily monitoring of testing and recording of test data.
- Communicate and advise on test findings to project teams.
- Conduct modifications to test rigs to improve and/or cater for new test types.
- Perform preventive maintenance on all test equipments & rigs in a timely manner.
- Plan testing capacity and ensure visibility/communication of testing schedules.
- Continuously input ideas for test improvements and maintain test records.
In 2000, Dyson moved production from Malmesbury to Malaysia to be closer to our supply chains and open up international growth. The small team of 10 has now grown to almost 1,200 – forming Dyson’s second biggest global hub. Located in the exhilarating industrial heart of Johor, it’s also home to RDD, IT, operations, finance, creative and HR.
The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be.
Prepare test reports and highlight failures (FRACAS) based on the testing conducted.
Perform Gauge R&R activities and track equipment calibrations.
To perform benchmarking activities and investigations to verify results.
Lead and train test operators.
To comply with safety and health regulations at all times.
Practice good housekeeping of test labs.
To carry out other tasks such as wiring, documentation and troubleshooting problems when required.
- Diploma in engineering preferably Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering.
- Fresh graduates encouraged to 3 years experience as Technician , preferably in hands on Test environment and managed a small team
- Acceptable command in English