Test Technician Electronics
Carry out the tests as per documented procedure and relevant standards (IEC, ASTM, etc) and update the test results in designated test report.
In 2000, Dyson moved production from Malmesbury to Malaysia to be closer to our supply chains and open up international growth. The small team of 10 has now grown to almost 1,200 – forming Dyson’s second biggest global hub. Located in the exhilarating industrial heart of Johor, it’s also home to RDD, IT, operations, finance, creative and HR.
The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be.
General Lab Operations
- Responsible for managing the cleanliness and safe condition of the work area as allocated by line manager.
- Responsible for managing the condition of the test rigs, jigs, equipment and tools allocated by line manager, minimizing unscheduled down-time.
- Responsible to ensure Test Operators are adequately provided with relevant technical training to conduct tests unique to the area
- Support other activities allocated by Line Manager to maintain or improve test facility.
- Responsible to ensure all Tests allocated by Line Manager are done correctly.
- Responsible to ensure test is executed according to test plan.
- Responsible to report accurate Test Data from Test Operators or Automated Test Rigs within specified time.
- Responsible for the safekeeping of test samples allocated.
- Responsible for accurate job handovers between shifts.
Utilization & Productivity
- Responsible for managing utilization of test facility allocated by Line Manager with the correct prioritization to support test demand.
- Responsible for managing forecasted test demand to highlight potential issue in test capacity.
- Responsible to monitor and maintain productivity.
- Responsible to fill up Timesheets on daily/weekly basis.
- Candidate must possess at least a Diploma in Electrical / Electronic Engineering.
- Knowledge in electronic board troubleshooting, operate electronics test equipment such as (Oscilloscope, Power meter, Multimeter, Spectrum Analyser) , single phase simple wiring and data compilation and reporting.
- Knowledge in excel macro, Minitab and Labview knowledge will be of added advantage.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Preferable more than 1 years of working experience. Fresh graduate with relevant knowledge encourage to apply
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.