Dyson began fourteen years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Tokyo, Western Europe and Australasia.
We've even branched out to improving commercial technology that frustrates us. The Dyson Airblade hand dryer dries hands in ten seconds, its also the most hygienic and energy efficient hand dryer available.
There are over 1,200 of us in the UK and we’re all inventive and hugely passionate about what we do. Dyson people are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes). We’re creative, collaborative, practical, enthusiastic and resourceful. But most of all we’re passionate about what we do.
1. To provide tooling support to our Dyson design Teams to ensure capability of product designs.
2. To work closely with a small team of locally based tooling engineers and supporting administration functions to support the designing, procurement and maintenance of our tools.
3. To co-ordinate our tool vendors in terms of on time delivery and quality of work.
4. For new tooling – review vendor recommendations as given by our Commercial Team to ensure that the vendor has both the capacity and capability to perform their tasks.
5. To sign off and approve new tool DFM and General Assembly drawings (robust tools, cooling, injection, ejection, Type of steel to be used and the steel conditions, movements etc)
6. To review the tool designer recommendation of tool size, cavity quantity, cycle time estimates and tool cost estimates.
7. To advise recommend action on tool repair requests as made by Prim Contractors
8. Propose vendor and delivery times for tool modifications and repairs.
9. To ensure that Dyson tooling assets are maintained and the asset lists are accurate and up to date in terms of description and locations.
10. To support tool maintenance schedules for the entire suite of Dyson tools.
11. To make sure Dyson Malaysia receive all the drawings on disc for history reference as is requested
12.to make sure All dyson toolmakers work to the tooling Manuel using good working practises to deliver a good robust tool fit for purpose as quoted and on time
13. Track and report the project progress, updating daily weekly reports to the cross team. Analyse the project the timelines and share/escalate issues upfront to the team
14. Lead/Attend tooling design reviews for new projects/parts to bring in robust tool designs and new moulding technologies
15. Lead/Coach and train the existing tooling engineers
16. Attend and resolve chronic tooling issues/problems faced in tool maker/moulder side with detailed analysis
• Excellent verbal and written communication in the English language
• Good interpersonal and project management skills.
• Proactive and self-starter.
• Understanding mechanical drawings and performance parameters.
• Aptitude for trouble shooting and problem solving.
• Understanding plastic / metal part design and process.
- At least 3 years worked as a tool maker, 3 years as a Tool Designer, 3 years and Tooling Engineer and minimum 2 years as a tooling project engineer who managed technical and project management part of a program
- Knowledge and experience to interpret 3D CAD files and 2D drawing
- Hands on experience in UG (NX-8)Knowledge in Product Life Cycle management tools (PLM, Wind-chill) will be an advantage
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving with analytical skills able to question and challenge when needed
- Team player and good at communicating with all levels
• Able to use Microsoft office applications
• Minimum Certificate in Mechanical Engineering discipline