Tooling Lead (Assistant Manager) - Calamba, Laguma, Philippines
Calamba, Laguna, Philippines
This is an opportunity for an experienced Tooling Lead (Assistant Manager) to join a rapidly developing and constantly growing cutting edge consumer goods business. Dyson are expanding its footprint in SEA and are looking for experienced staff to take Dyson through it's next stage of growth.
- To provide tooling support to our Dyson design Teams to ensure capability of product designs.
- To work closely with a small team of locally based tooling engineers and supporting administration functions to support the designing, procurement and maintenance of our tools.
- To co-ordinate our tool vendors in terms of on time delivery and quality of work.
- For new tooling – review vendor recommendations as given by our Commercial Team to ensure that the vendor has both the capacity and capability to perform their tasks.
- To sign off and approve new tool DFM and General Assembly drawings (robust tools, cooling, injection, ejection, Type of steel to be used and the steel conditions, movements etc)
- To review the tool designer recommendation of tool size, cavity quantity, cycle time estimates and tool cost estimates.
- To advise recommend action on tool repair requests as made by Prim Contractors
- Propose vendor and delivery times for tool modifications and repairs.
- To ensure that Dyson tooling assets are maintained and the asset lists are accurate and up to date in terms of description and locations.
- To support tool maintenance schedules for the entire suite of Dyson tools.
- To make sure Dyson Malaysia receive all the drawings on disc for history reference as is requested
- To make sure All Dyson toolmakers work to the tooling Manuel using good working practises to deliver a good robust tool fit for purpose as quoted and on time
- Excellent verbal and written communication in the English language
- Good interpersonal and project management skills.
- Proactive and self-starter.
- Understanding mechanical drawings and performance parameters.
- Aptitude for trouble shooting and problem solving.
- Understanding plastic / metal part design and process.
- Tool Maker – should have worked hands on in plastic injection mold tools
- Tool Designer – Must have done tool designs using UG(NX-8) or Pro-E
- Tooling Engineer – Must have managed tools/projects which include tooling parameters development, cycle time estimation, right gate selection, hot runner selection, resolving the problem which will be happening during tool development stage
- Knowledge and experience to interpret 3D CAD files and 2D drawing
- Hands on experience in UG (NX-8)
- Able to model a tool design by reviewing the part design and able to give feedback to design engineers on product design to make it toolable/mouldable and long term manufacturability
- Knowledge in Product Life Cycle management tools (PLM, Wind-chill) will be an advantage
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Filipino
- Problem solving with analytical skills able to question and challenge when needed
- Team player and good at communicating with all levels
- Able to use Microsoft office applications
- Minimum Certificate in Mechanical Engineering discipline or Mechanical Engineering / Plastics engineering/ Tooling Engineering.