Tooling Program Manager
Senai, Johor- Malaysia
Develop and manage multiple project plans.
Liaise with vendors and provide internal support to ensure manufacturability and to Dyson RDD team to ensure design requirements are met.
Work closely tooling team members, engineers and supporting administration functions to support the designing, procurement and maintenance of our tools.
Make project proposal, estimates and costing with related departments (Capex)
Manage project budget in a most effective manner, meeting timeline and deliveries.
Co-ordinate with our tool vendors, within Asia region, in terms of timely delivery as well as quality of work.
Review tooling recommendations as given by Procurement Team to ensure vendor has the capacity and capability to perform their tasks.
Sign off and approve DFM accordingly to standard tooling manual guidelines
Review tool designer’s recommendation on tool size, cavity quantity, cycle time estimates and tool cost estimates.
Advise and recommend action on tool repair request made by Prime Contractors
Ensure Dyson tooling asset lists are accurate and up to date.
Support tool maintenance schedules for the entire suite of Dyson tools
Witness mould trial and qualification process.
Conduct mould qualification, process qualification and approvals for transfer.
Key Skills / Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal and project handling skills
- Proactive and self-starter
- Understanding mechanical drawings and performance parameters
- Aptitude for trouble shooting and problem solving
- Injection process validation (IQ, OQ, PQ)
- Mold design and mold making techniques
- At least 10 years working experience in injection tooling and molding field (Medical field related preferred)
- Knowledge and experience to interpret 3D CAD files and 2D drawing
- Experience in IOP/Q process and clean room environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Team player and good at communicating with all levels
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering