Tooling Project Manager
Calamba, Laguna Philippines
This is an opportunity for an experienced Tooling Project Manager to join a rapidly developing and constantly growing cutting edge consumer goods business. Dyson are expanding its footprint in SEA and are looking for experienced staff to take Dyson through it's next stage of growth
The Dyson tooling team in Philippines will oversee all aspect of tooling operations relating to activities in running Dyson’s high tech Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) facility, as well as operations pertaining to the manufacturing and exporting of finished goods produced by our contract manufacturer in Laguna in the Philippines.
The team will be fully responsible for the site’s Tooling activities. It will work closely with the SEA offices in Singapore and Malaysia to achieve all its deliverables.
- To provide tooling support to our Dyson design Teams to ensure capability of product designs.
- To work closely with a small team of locally based tooling engineers and supporting administration functions to support the designing, procurement and maintenance of our tools.
- To co-ordinate our tool vendors in terms of on time delivery and quality of work.
- For new tooling – review vendor recommendations as given by our Commercial Team to ensure that the vendor has both the capacity and capability to perform their tasks.
- To sign off and approve new tool DFM and General Assembly drawings (robust tools, cooling, injection, ejection, Type of steel to be used and the steel conditions, movements etc)
- To review the tool designer recommendation of tool size, cavity quantity, cycle time estimates and tool cost estimates.
- To advise recommend action on tool repair requests as made by Prim Contractors
- Propose vendor and delivery times for tool modifications and repairs.
- To ensure that Dyson tooling assets are maintained and the asset lists are accurate and up to date in terms of description and locations.
- To support tool maintenance schedules for the entire suite of Dyson tools.
- To make sure Dyson Malaysia receive all the drawings on disc for history reference as is requested
- To make sure All dyson toolmakers work to the tooling Manuel using good working practises to deliver a good robust tool fit for purpose as quoted and on time
- Mold design detail review (CAT A)
- Consolidate and develop preferred mold design for common parts.
a) Cat A tools
b) Shared tools (mold life, interchangeabilities etc)
- Mold flow analysis specific to mold making and Category A product
- Optimize and standardize molding machine capacity and process for Cat A product as the priority
- Able to work and manage High Volume/Low Mix, Low Volume/High Mix projects which needs capacity planning, understanding the shared/repeat tools and utilizations etc..
- Able to work in high pressure situations to manage multiple priorities and expectations
- Cost reduction, cycle time/cost/quality monitoring to deliver business and KPI requirements.
- At least 10 years of working experience in Injection tooling and molding field
- Tool design / development
- Project management / tracking / reporting for complex tooling projects with more than 300 tools
- Injection moulding process in-depth knowledge in machine selection, process development, trouble shooting, hot runner selection w.r.t application and product requirement.
- Knowledge and experience to interpret 3D CAD files and 2D drawing
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving with analytical skills able to question and challenge when needed
- Team player and good at communicating with all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication in the English and Filipino
- Good interpersonal and project management skills.
- Proactive and self-starter.
- Understanding mechanical drawings and performance parameters.
- Aptitude for trouble shooting and problem solving.
- Understanding plastic / metal part design and process.
- Able to use Microsoft office applications with complex Excel calculations with Macro and Formula’s
- Expertise in MS-Project, Power Point to drive projects with management and working level reports
- Minimum Certificate in Mechanical Engineering discipline
- Supplier management capability to build up professional relation and drive projects
- Risk mitigation experience while driving critical projects to meet timelines and out of box thinking
- Influence the cross-team to decision making and bring in conclusion to goal/decision making.