Trade Marketing Executive, South Korea
Base + performance based bonus + competitive benefits
As a trade marketing executive, the main role is to support the Trade Marketing Manager with in-store initiatives, promotions and roadshows within the trade marketing framework.
Dyson Korea as well as global is growing rapidly by superior and innovative technologies delivered to market and challenging the status quo. We don’t rest, we work for continuous and high growth, and therefore, we have many new technologies to deliver to market.
Korea is one of the most important and fastest markets for Dyson worldwide. Dyson operates with a distributor partner in the market and in order to support the continued growth, is creating its own subsidiary locally.
Marketing in Dyson is to get people excited and talk about our technologies and engineering.
Dyson Trade Marketing team works closely with our Marketing, Sales and Field Sales teams to execute Dyson’s trade marketing plans, including contributing to the creation of point-of-purchase and in-store marketing assets (product displays, leaflets, signage, etc.). The team also manages the day-to-day relationship with Sales teams to ensure specific customer requirements are met while preserving the Dyson brand identity and retail environment.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES AND SUPPORTING ACTIVITIES:
- Develop and manage store tracker. Look at store opportunities and priorities together with Sales, Retail, and Category – for distribution planning
- Stay up-to-date with market, consumers & competitors to propose relevant and innovative solutions
- Support demo and training with Category managers
- Store events (roadshows) and instore OOH, optimizing efficiency
- Manage intelligence report from stores (e.g. PS report)
- Trade BBI management
- Costing follow-up (PO#, Payment Request) and Procurement for all trade marketing projects
Co-author, agree and deliver ins-tore strategy
- Delivery of short term and long term in-store strategies and plans
Communicate the strategy to retailers and internal stakeholders
Ensure progress against the plan is well communicated through delivery of a joint sales and marketing
Author and drive budgeting for the in-store operation to deliver strategy
Deliver a joint sales and marketing plan to maximize Dyson’s business with key retail accounts
Attend retailer meetings to ensure that accountability for instore activities is clear and that all activities are delivered on cost and on time
In-store promotion plan and execution with Sales
Work with local market to develop retail aspect of Joint Business Plans for their key retailers; through value adding in-store plans
Coordinate trade wide launches for new products
- Work with sales to understand their needs for new POS to support new products and ensure newly developed materials
- Work with sales team to plan and produce joint business plans with retailers
Deliver and implement POS (e.g. retailer ad-hoc, promotional) aligning with retail plan and brand guideline
Experience and Education
- University graduate or above. Higher education is preferred but not requirement
- Three to five years of working experiences minimum in sales, marketing, business planning, or relevant
- Project management experience of bringing strategy in life is a must. A multi-functional project leader experience preferred
- Ideally, hands-on experience of (trade) customer engagement
- In-store campaign management
- Passionate about retail and opportunities to drive clearer communication that drive conversion
- Experience in multimedia strategy, plan, and executions in ATL/BTL are also welcomed.
- First-hand experience of (trade) customer engagement and developing in-store POS
- Experience of developing joint business plans with distribution partners
Skills & Competencies
- Strong communication skills with clear multi-lingual (Korean/English) and cross-cultural communication skills
- Able to build strong and cooperative relationships with a wide range of people
- Self-management; Proven ability to prioritize while multi-tasking a number of high-priority assignments.
- Problem solving; be able to critically and actively analyze situations, spot issues, and present viable solutions
- Broad thinker and open-minded with strong analytical skills; ability to use market analysis to identify high potential opportunities
- Tireless Problem Solver to face day-to-day problems and continuously thinking outside the box to present smart solutions
- Passionate about Dyson, learning new technology and engineering
- Entrepreneurial spirit to deal with ambiguity and willingness to take risks
- Team-player; bringing collaborative, positive and energetic atmosphere to retail and other teams
- Enjoys working across a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Strong leadership ability (ideally across markets – and from a distance)
- Self-starter with lots of initiative