Electronic Systems Engineer
Malmesbury is tucked away in countryside famous for the landmarks of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. A charming Wiltshire market town doesn’t sound like the place to develop world leading technology, but it’s just right for us. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent–minded.
As part of the £2.5 billion investment, Dyson acquired a 517 acre plot in Hullavington. This former Royal Air Force base, just five miles from Dyson HQ, will increase our UK footprint tenfold. We’ll be turning old hangars into futuristic labs and workspaces – creating a campus to rival those in Silicon Valley.
• Designing Labview interfaces and control for complex thermodynamic test rigs (AC Loops and cooling system)
• Timeplanning and reporting on electrical and software that feeds in to test rigs
• Hands on building electrical harnesses and looms for test rigs
• Risk assessment and safety sign off support in accordance with Dyson safety standards
• Constructing electrical BoMs and ordering components to support builds
• Fault finding a problem solving with instrumentation and control
• Qualified to undertake hands on electrical work with high voltage equipment
• 3+ years’ experience in custom Labview and NI control and datalogging application Desirable:
• High Voltage qualified (1000V DC)
• 3 + years’ experience creating custom Labview control systems for test rigs/equipment
• Temperature, pressure, flowrate (liquid and air) instrumentation experience
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.