£Competitive + Bonus + Pension + 27 days holiday + Free onsite Gym
Reporting to the Digital Creative Director, you will be responsible for creating intuitive and engaging user interfaces for our latest technology, seamlessly balancing ‘user experience’, ‘graphic design’ and ‘commercial requirements’.
Across all our product categories, you will be designing user interfaces which feature on our machines, informing and educating our owners on the performance and control of their Dyson products. You will also be responsible for creating cohesive style guides to ensure a consistent design language is applied across all our products.
You will develop UI creative designs, working closely with the NPI team (and the wider teams) to bring engaging and useful new solutions to the market; extending our machines features and functionalities and clearly demonstrating their effectiveness and benefits to the consumer.
It’s not for the faint-hearted but it is for talented designers that thrive on problem solving, teamwork and the need to keep challenging themselves and others.
Dyson is growing. Fast. More products. New categories. More visual communications. We are a creative technology company with a global and iconic identity. Our mission is simple: We solve problems others ignore with exciting new technologies which defy convention.Communicating our products’ superiority with brevity and presenting ourselves in the right way is essential to selling, protecting identity, and building our hard earned Reputation.And every contact with our public contributes to the Dyson Experience, so each must reflect our values and philosophy. Perfectly.
The ‘Product Interaction Design team’ is a newly formed commercial team embedded within the NPI (New Product Innovation) department and is responsible for creative innovation and direction for the digital (on product screens) and 2D (on product and in box collateral) across all our product categories and machines. We work collaboratively with the NPI team to deliver seamless consumer experiences that instil understanding of and confidence in the products performance, distinct commercial benefits to the business and ultimately brand advocacy and loyalty.
On-board UI concepts and design production for Dyson products
- On Product UI concepts and design
- Collaborate with HMI (Human Machine Interaction) designers and heads to ensure the solutions are answering to all requirements
- Develop the UI for the generation of future products to provide a consistent and organically growing user experience as the feature set increases over time
- Understand new UI capabilities, evaluate and define how they will be used in the future through the inclusion of the vision and design principles for mobile apps
- Develop and present concepts and creative direction to the Digital Creative Director, NPI Design Manager and Global Creative Director and on occasion James Dyson
- Ensuring that all projects are appropriately scoped and delivered
• Professional design experience crafting high-quality product, mobile and/or app based solutions within a creative in-house or agency environment.
• In-depth understanding of designing interfaces for multiple mobile platforms and operating systems
• Keeps up to date with the latest trends and benchmarking across mobile/digital
• 3+ years’ experience in the digital design industry