At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic. But most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do. Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to invent, design and develop market leading products for the global market. By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to create products which fulfill our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology). The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 1,500 people, including James himself, spend their days strategising, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. From 2016, our HQ will begin doubling its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
Dyson products are built to last, as well as perform. To do this we invest heavily in performance and reliability testing, building our own machines to test our machines. 24 hours a day, seven days a week we put them through their paces. We analyse data and customer feedback, relentlessly improving product safety, reliability, usability and customer satisfaction. Each generation of Dyson technology must set the benchmark for the next. And with so many new categories on the way, our Global Quality & Reliability team will need to be more inventive than ever. Vital to Dyson’s future technology.
- Create and maintain Front Ends for different systems and tools involved on advanced analytical projects (i.e. supervised machine learning).
- Integrate application Front End with business layers.
- Proactively collect feedback and translate into development requirements.
- Conduct usability testing to resolve interface problems.
- Experience in HTML/CSS
- Experience in PHP or Node.js
- Worked in Server Management (Apache or Node.js) in UNIX Environment
- UI Design Essential
- Experience working within agile team
- Ability to handle large data sets. Familiarity with the IT tools to do this, e.g SQL, Access, SAS, Minitab, Excel, VBA
- Excellent communication skills and customer facing skills, ability to communicate complex ideas simply.
- Able to meet with stakeholders to generate & collate requirements.
- Able to work independently and in a self-directed way.
- Process focus and detail orientated without losing bigger picture.
- Flexibility - Ability to change priorities quickly and deliver simultaneously across projects of different priorities, pace (as demonstrated by experience).
- Self-motivated, dynamic and results-driven.
- Inquisitive, proactive and innovative.
- Open, honest and responsible.
- Team player, comfortable with all levels and with dealing with external suppliers.
- Quick learner, willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on.
- Degree or equivalent in a Mathematical or Science subject
- Post graduate qualifications are desirable
- Strong academic records
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.