£Competitive + Bonus + Pension + Free on-site gym
The ‘Digital Leap’ project is a ground up re-design of the Global Dyson website. We have a unique opportunity to extend the capabilities of the current brand site through a fully responsive and robust solution. It is the single biggest digital project in Dyson’s history and marks a huge shift in the company’s direction and ambition. In order to focus on this project, we are adding additional roles to our existing creative team who will be dedicated to the Digital Leap project.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 1,500 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. From 2016, our HQ will begin doubling its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
The goal of the digital creative team is to deliver the Dyson technologies and brand in a dynamic and consistent way across all our digital channels globally. From launching new technologies on the world stage to helping markets deliver local tactical campaigns - We create memorable integrated experiences to captivate and inform both new and existing consumers. Through our digital experiences, products and services, we aim to stimulate positive action in the audience – whether it be researching our technology, purchasing a machine, engaging with the brand in social, or helping troubleshoot an issue, our creative solutions aim to deliver compelling platforms to build and strengthen brand loyalty.
Putting users at the heart of what we do, you’ll:
· Advocate the needs of the user through design-concepts, workshops and team collaboration
· Join a dedicated experience project team of researchers, service designers and technical wizards to conceptualize and design the interaction for users across digital interaction points and devices
· Focus on experience leadership and consider deeply how the interaction design can satisfy product usability objectives through user-centered design.
· Influence stakeholders to incorporate insights from user research and customer data and translate this into interactions that fix problems.
· Work closely with the Experience Director and the digital teams across an exciting range of projects, from evolving our responsive website through to native mobile applications.
· Play a high profile role in mentoring team members and contributing to thought-leadership projects across all experience touch points.
· Lead UX aspects of digital and customer experience projects
· Lead the data analysis and development of customer-journey maps
· Lead the experience voice for new-business activities and strategic presentations
· Lead user research and usability testing activities
· Present research findings and recommendations to internal and external teams
· Collaborate with relevant teams on content hierarchy and taxonomies
· Collaborate with creative leads on process, interaction design and flows
· Hands on creation of user flows, wireframes & clickable prototypes
· Manage and mentor junior UX designers
- Worked as part of an agile delivery team
- Usability testing
- Journey mapping, wire flows, prototyping
- Surveys and analysis
- Personas and other design tools
- Accurate estimation of time and budgets
- Use of Sketch, prototyping software (such as Flinto, Axure)
- Adobe indesign, photoshop
- Analytics (e.g. Google, Appsee, Adobe)
- International research
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a company bonus and 27 days annual leave. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.