VMI Manager (Vendor Managed Inventory)
VMI Coordinator/Manager is responsible for maintaining smooth inventory flow from assigned VMI supplier that enables the contract manufacturers to pull materials as required in order to meet daily build/ship plan (in line with Dyson TPVS ship plan). VMI Coordinator/Manager manages and oversees the replenishment activity of vmi suppliers to ensure no interruption to contract manufacturer production activities
Ensure that the warehouse is operating at the lowest cost and in accordance to the service level expectations.
Understand Dyson forecast and utilize this knowledge to analyse suggested order/forecast quantities between contract manufacturers and assigned vmi suppliers that are in line with Dyson forecast (TPVS) in order to manage the replenishment activity.
Monitor inventory for all assigned vmi suppliers and review/recommend order strategies to eliminate overstock issues and balance inventory across the contract manufacturer network
Review the condition of warehouse inventory levels and item status on a daily basis. Provide part no. level information to vmi suppliers as needed to correct supply planning to support contract manufacturer requirement.
Control and obtain necessary system information to ensure that normal inventory flows meet objectives such as agreed inventory level and aging inventory (slow moving) with contract manufacturers and assigned vmi suppliers.
Meet weekly with contract manufacturer (buyers) and assigned vmi suppliers (planners/program) to review current service level, vendor issues, contract manufacturer issues, new items, engineering changes and etc.
Work directly with assigned vmi suppliers to establish and maintain compliance in all areas of supply and service objectives.
Serve as liaison when needed between the contract manufacturers and assigned vmi suppliers on relevant issues and communicate effectively with both parties.
Other job-related duties as assigned
Master’s Degree in Supply Chain, Operations Management, Business or other related field of study.
10-15 years experience in Operations & Supply Chain Management AND Business Intelligence Role with 10 years in key leadership roles.
Certifications in disciplines such as Inventory Management, Lean / Six Sigma, Project/Program Management or Operational Planning preferred.
Proven experience in managing a VMI hub in the past
Knowledge Areas and Competencies:
- Possession of excellent English oral and written communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management
- Ability to effectively work multiple tasks and prioritize among objectives and project deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of business and IT management.
- Committed and highly motivated team player.
- Creative and innovative thinking in developing solutions to complex business problems.
- Ability to challenge the way things are done and look at ways to optimise processes; identifies weaknesses in them and proactively proposes corrective action to ensure high levels of operational integrity and forecast certainty;
- Ability to think strategically with confidence and speed in execution.
- Strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities. Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office including Excel, Access, Power Point and Word. Ability to develop, format, manipulate and share spread sheet for the purpose of analysis/reporting
- Ability to adjust to rapid changes within the business.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple teams with a collaborative/mentoring style.
- Ability to recruit, develops, and motivates personnel in order to balance staffing strength with profitability and growth.
- Strong skills and experience partnering with leaders in the business – identifying needs and finding solutions that multiple leaders can agree on
- Strong understanding of project management methodologies and commonly accepted best practices
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact at all levels of the company