Competitive + benefits
Through development and investment in technologies Dyson is expanding into new and varied product categories. To facilitate the development of a new and exciting product opportunity we are broadening our expertise, growing our Engineering teams in both size and capability. We are currently recruiting engineers with automotive experience to support the engineering team in the generation and validation of design concepts to realise into robustly engineered production vehicle.
Vehicle Engineering is an integral part of the vehicle development team responsible for bringing together the programme and engineering teams to deliver the product vision through balancing the vehicle attributes, delivering and managing the prototype fleet and developing the DVP&R.
- Manage prototype builds, working with engineering teams to agree specification requirements, develop build plan and deliver prototype vehicles to ensure resolution of required targets
- Be involved in vehicle development from concept to manufacture, support definition and coordination of benchmarking
- Support the definition of the vehicle fleet, responsible for detailed specifications, engaging with the broader engineering and attribute teams to agree expectations
- Facilitate resolution of technical conflicts and issues between engineering and attribute teams to agree trade-offs to best meet vehicle level targets.
- Take ownership of prototype fleet ensuring rationalisation of allocation to DVP to meet relevant milestones.
- Support packaging meetings, design reviews, vehicle integration meetings, safety meetings, virtual build events and other reviews to resolve vehicle issues as necessary.
- Self-starter - ability to work independently
- Excellent team-working skills
- A degree in Automotive or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (other relevant engineering disciplines considered).
- Previous experience of whole vehicle prototype builds (preferably BEV) and preparation for the pre-production test environment
- Previous experience in interacting with attribute management
- A good knowledge of automotive design, vehicle systems and technology and be familiar with key areas of body, chassis, electrical and powertrain.
- Proven experience of delivering vehicle systems from a concept level.
- Confident leading meetings and ability to evaluate technical problems to ensure clear direction.
- A working knowledge of commercial CAD tools (preferably Siemens NX) would be beneficial.
- A good working knowledge of MS Office.
- Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information, both in writing and verbally.
- Be able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment.