Vice President IT, Dyson Americas
Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
This new position will provide overall leadership for IT in Dyson’s Americas region; responsible for partnering with business leadership and assess the current business needs of a fast growing market; designing a regional IT strategy to ensure that our objectives are achieved; transforming the business and taking accountability for delivery through local IT teams and leveraging the wider global IT function. They will need to build out the current organization to support the rapid geographic expansion and implement new best in class technologies to support the exciting business challenges that are ahead. This will include initiatives to improve business performance through the implementation of new business applications, infrastructure upgrades, and best in class IT Service.
This role will also include delivery of global transformation projects as well as local initiatives to improve day to day business operations.
The IT VP will lead all local operations to ensure improvements are translated into tangible local business benefits. This individual will manage the US, Canada, and LATAM IT teams delivering numerous regional IT initiatives as well as ensuring success of globally run projects, representing local interests and ensuring that the team support and manage their introduction successfully.
Develop and agree a regional IT strategy aligned with the global strategy; enabling the Americas long term business plans
- Working as a trusted partner with senior business leaders across Dyson's markets in US, Canada and South America to understand strategic plans and objectives
- Ensure the demands for new IT capabilities needed to enable these plans are appropriately captured, prioritized and business expectations on delivery timescales fully understood.
- Providing technical insight into the Regional Leadership team on global, regional and local technology trends and innovation and how these can be leveraged to drive business growth and new operating models to achieve the expected goals and ambitions in the region.
Build and lead the Americas IT function too ensure successful delivery of the Regional IT Strategy
- Design and deliver initiatives based on the road map and program plan, both locally and as part of a global team.
- Transform IT operations to ensure that it meets the expectations of the business in terms of quality of service; minimizing business disruption and streamlining processes aligned with Global IT transformation plans
- Develop the Dyson Americas team to provide best in class IT Service.
- Delivery of local projects to the global IT Project Management methodology, ensuring each project is completed to time, budget and quality.
- For globally run projects, the VP IT– Americas will provide local leadership to ensure the successful delivery of outcomes for the Americas end users
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with business owners and suppliers
- Responsible for improving, developing and monitoring processes to meet global IT support services levels.
- Represent the escalation and decision point as appropriate. Contribute to incident resolution, making key decisions as necessary.
- Contribute to the development & deployment of Global processes.
- Accountable for all Americas IT procurement, ensuring best fit and value to Dyson -Ensure all Supplier Engagement is within the Dyson “Code of Conduct”.
Provide Senior IT Leadership to the US and Global businesses
- Manage the performance and development of Americas IT team.
- Promote the professional development of staff and ensure that the correct technological skills balance is established to support corporate wide systems.
- Determine the short and long term capacity needs to sustain optimal IT team performance.
- Ensure the Americas Management teams are fully aware of all Global IT initiatives and their regional impact.
- Act as the champion for the Americas’ needs as part of the global IT organisation
- Ensure the business partnership is developed and maintained.
- Design and ensure completion of an Americas road map.
- Assist in the strategic plan for Global IT.
- Lead Regional IT Portfolio Governance Reviews with business and global IT leadership.
- Manage the IT budget and financial processes.
- Drive the annual IT planning and budgeting process.
- Manage the local IT budget and plans throughout the year
- Ensure the correct financial processes are adhered to.
- Collaborate on business cases to support local IT investments
- Attend monthly reviews of actual and budget spend with Finance to ensure real time reporting is used to track and assess spend.
- Ability to work at all levels – from vision and strategy development, through planning and ultimately execution – and be willing to be hands on when required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 10-15 years’ experience working within an IT organization in a Service, Infrastructure or Applications capacity
- At least 7 years’ experience leading an IT team delivering projects and services against an agreed program plan Leadership of IT projects, preferably using a structured project delivery approach such as Prince 2.
- Financial management and budgeting.
- Experience of designing and delivering successful IT Road Maps and Program Plans to help businesses achieve their objectives
- Experience of IT Procurement using a structure RFP process, including involvement with developing statements of work and associated contracts.
- Ideally experience of operating within a global organization with a proven ability to deliver against global initiatives.
- Understanding of business processes and ideally experience of working with business teams to enhance and develop processes.
- Dynamic and enthusiastic personality, combining flexibility and creativity.
- Ability to offer solutions to various IT related problems, at times when under pressure.
- Entrepreneurial and innovative in nature, with a passion for technology and how it can transform a business
- Strong commercial and business understanding and how technology can enable new ways of working and business models and deliver business outcomes.