Virtual Reality / Augmented Reality Research Engineer
You will research and develop Virtual Reality & Augmented Reality prototypes, collaborating with Research and New Product Innovation teams, with a focus on Robotics Research at Dyson.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 3,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategising, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. In 2017, our HQ will double its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
VR & AR is an area with a lot of exploring left to do, and with the rate of technology developments this is likely to remain true for a very long time, however it is also critical that we deliver functional, properly developed tools even as the landscape evolves. The highest priority is to produce real, significant, and lasting value to the business, this means investigating and utilising the right technologies and techniques while pragmatically balancing exploration verses exploitation.
- Researching and applying relevant technologies
- Selection and use of appropriate tools for building VR & AR prototypes
- Ability to work equally effectively on both rapid VR & AR proof of concepts and small scale (but production ready) tools
- Collaboration with engineers of every type, in every area of the business
- BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject or equivalent experience
- Strong background in 3D graphics, programming (C#/C++/Python), textures, shaders, and animation
- Experience working with a diverse range of Virtual and Augmented Reality technologies & tools
- Capable of rapidly developing robust research prototypes
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines