As our ambitions increase we will advance ever further into the worlds of connectivity, sensor technology, machine learning and AI, as well as deepen our work on motors, batteries and hardware. It’s vital that we have the best spaces and brightest minds all around the globe.
There was a time in our history when all people knew Dyson for was vacuums. But what began with one man and one idea inside a coach house in Wiltshire, has since transformed into an 8,000-strong global technology company spanning multiple product categories and more than 70 countries around the world.
But the transformation of Dyson is far from over. Our technology pipeline stretches 25 years into the future, and will see more new product categories emerge – four by 2020 alone
The global expansion of the Dyson business will largely be driven by continued growth in China. It will be key for our RDD and Operations function to evolve with this ambition and build a broader global presence and intelligence in China.
We are initially focused on core areas that we know will strengthen our product launches and give valuable insight into Chinese culture and how our early stage development of technology can be influenced. These core areas are; mobile apps, product trials, research, quality, reliability, technology scouting & procurement.
As a Web Developer, you will be responsible for developing engaging and robust digital experiences to compliment Dyson connected products. The work will be challenging, varied and will help bring Dyson connected products into the evolving world of IoT
- Interacting with team including produce developers, electronics engineers, embedded software engineers and Cloud developers to ensure our solutions are functional, secure and easy to use
- Your software will need to interact with Dyson hardware using a range of wireless technologies and visualizes 'big data' for our customers
- Your work in scaling solutions to match our growing connected product range and user base will be key to success in this role
- Helping to mentor other members of the team and contribute to system architecture and development process
Bachelor Degree or Masters in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent
Solid understanding of CS fundamentals which includes OO design, use of appropriate Design Patterns and MVC framework
Experience with client side framework using React / Angular / Vue.js and server side framework using Node.js
Experience with Web API development
Deploy and maintaining web applications on cloud platforms
Network and Web security (secured cert service and mgmt., DNS, firewall and etc)
- Knowledgable of WeChat eco-system and development experience with WeChat Miniprogram is a great plus point
- working knowledge in Android framework will be an added advantage
- Experience with Atlassian tools including JiRA, Bitbucket & Bamboo
- Considerable experience with Agile development process with respect to developing user stories, scoping and estimating the tasks for the sprints and collaborating with stakeholders to fulfill the sprints
- Inquisitive by nature, you'll be enthusiastic about technology and creative and tenacious in your approach to problem solving
- Your communication skills will lead your engagement with the Dyson team and wider tech community
Considerable experience with Agile development process with respect to developing user stories, scoping and estimating the tasks for the sprints and collaborating with stakeholders to fulfil the sprints
Inquisitive by nature, you’ll be enthusiastic about technology and creative and tenacious in your approach to problem solving.
Your communication skills will lead your engagement with the Dyson team and wider tech community.