£16,500 +27 days holiday +Pension+Bonus
The Service workshop department is made up of two elements; RTB (Return to Base) and Refurbishment. RTB team are responsible with in-house repair to customer machines to support Field Service Engineers. Refurbishment team, who are responsible to re–condition those returned machines from our retail customers proficiently and to the highest standard.
Our warehouse and workshop is based in Bumpers Farms in Chippenham not far from our HQ in Malmesbury. Our secluded location is nearby the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
Dyson began more than Twenty years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Tokyo, Western Europe and Australasia.
We've even branched out to improving commercial technology that frustrates us. The Dyson Airblade hand dryer dries hands in ten seconds, its also the most hygienic and energy efficient hand dryer available.
There are over 1,200 of us in the UK and we’re all inventive and hugely passionate about what we do. Dyson people are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes). We’re creative, collaborative, practical, enthusiastic and resourceful. But most of all we’re passionate about what we do.
- Be methodical and ensure operating procedures for the workshop are followed.
- Provide a high level of professional customer service
- Deliver high quality service to all Dyson customers and support to other team member activities
- Well organized and focused
- Be able to work unsupervised and meet deadlines
- Prepares work to be completed by gathering parts, tools and materials to complete their task
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures and rules
- Complete all documentation associated within the role accurately and timely manner
- Perform any other related duties as directed
- Maintain high standard of housekeeping of all operational areas and the stock held within them.
- Duties involve regular repetitive light, medium and sometimes heavy lifting.
- Experience of working in a busy workshop and warehouse environment
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Experience in the use of hand/power tools
- Computer literate i.e. Word/Excel
- Relevant experience i.e. stock control/movements/troubleshooting
- Duties that will include lifting/office work
- You would have basic numeracy and literacy skills
- Good organisation and time management skills
Dyson offers competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.