Zone HR Manager/Generalist - Northeast United States
Starting salary will be determined based on experience and credentials.
New York City, NY
HR at Dyson, is fast paced, challenging and rewarding. This position will be accountable for the execution and delivery of US HR products, services, and solutions to an assigned sales geography in support of activities to ensure HR service delivery excellence. Responsible for performing HR-related duties within the field sales organization and works closely with senior HR management in supporting designated geographic regions.
This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations, training, performance management, on boarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, and employment law compliance.
This role supports Dyson retail and sales for the Northeastern United States. The position will report into the Director of Human Resources for Sales.
Dyson sells products in 71 countries, and it employs almost 6,000 people globally, one third of whom are engineers and scientists. The face of Dyson is changing rapidly. Three years ago 80% of Dyson’s business was full-sized vacuum cleaners. Today its digital motor powers cordless vacuums, robots, hand dryers, bladeless fans, humidifiers, purifiers and heaters around the world. This is just the beginning; we just launched our new Supersonic Hair Dryer and have a plan to launch many other new products over the next 3 years.
Dyson is a technology business that values people above all else. This puts HR at the heart of the business – with specialist functions for Talent Development, Acquisition, Operations and Rewards. The HR Generalist function is the linchpin of all of these departments. We oversee every people-related decision, with unique knowledge of the bigger business and commercial objectives. Which makes us a vital voice for Dyson.
- Supports HR leadership to deliver HR programs, services, and solutions.
- Providing strategic and tactical generalist leadership and execution in critical business initiatives
- Leading the development of programs/processes to support the overall business plan to expand the Region's business in the marketplace
- Ensuring strong organizational capabilities are in place
- Partnering with business leaders to plan and execute leadership development training and strategies
- Effectively presenting critical HR information to audiences at different levels/functions within the organization
- Leading employee engagement, involvement, and inclusion initiatives for the region
- Facilitating talent reviews, succession planning, and performance review processes
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable labor and employment laws
- Developing and facilitating organizational change strategies and tools
- Conducting new-employee orientations; monitoring career-pathing program.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Accountable for identifying, prioritizing or responding to requests and issues resolution using company approved HR tools and techniques within established timelines.
- Accountable for supporting the deployment of appropriate resources and tools into the field to optimize an environment where the workplace is free of all discrimination and harassment by proactively measuring employee engagement, turnover, and compliance.
- Provides support and coaching to store management positions as they create and act on their individual development plans.
- Supports succession planning, performance management, performance planning and other corporately driven talent management and OD/OE programs as directed by HRBP and Talent Manager
- Functions as the HR representative in conducting escalated employee investigations and collaborates with appropriate HR Operations team members.
- Supports workforce planning initiatives for zones and assists local leaders in talent acquisition activities
- Ensure that districts/stores maintain a work environment that is conducive to employee self-representation.
- Guides the escalation and resolution of HR questions, issues and requests to the appropriate channels (eg HR Operations), by acting as a champion of the HR shared services delivery model
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 7+ years of experience in an HR concentration such as an HR Generalist/HRBP, employee relations, labor relations, training and development, OD/OE, performance management, diversity, compensation, benefits, talent management and/or talent acquisition, OR an Associate’s Degree and at least 4 years of experience in any of the above HR concentrations, OR a High School Diploma / GED and at least 6 years of experience in any of the above HR concentrations.
- Prior experience in a beauty company is preferred for this position
- Experience evaluating information to determine compliance with standards, laws, and regulations.
- Experience delivering presentations and facilitating workshops to various audience levels within an organization.
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Experience providing field support in a multi-site/location environment.
- Prior experience providing HR solutions to retail organizations in the geographical region
- Experience leading through complex/sensitive issues
- Demonstrated project leadership and change management experience to include development, marketing and roll-out of initiatives
- Demonstrated positive impact on key people-related metrics (employee retention, talent bench, diversity representation, employee engagement, etc.)
- Self- motivated with the ability to balance multiple high-priority initiatives/projects and responsibilities
- Strong facilitation and communication skills (verbal, written, presentation, meetings, training sessions)
- Demonstrated ability to influence senior HR and business leaders
- Skilled and knowledgeable in senior leadership development and coaching
- Ability to relate to employees at all levels and adjust style accordingly
- Ability to identify, assess and translate knowledge of the business and internal/external trends to initiatives and projects, as needed
- Possesses a positive attitude, confidence, high standards of execution, solid problem solving skills with a sense of urgency re: problem resolution and flexibility